|Headquarters||Springfield, Oregon United States|
Number of employees
These global brands operate primarily in North America and Europe. In the US, the company manufactures in Springfield, Oregon and has additional offices in Portland, Oregon. It operates under the company name East West Tea Company LLC. In Europe, the company manufactures in Imola, Italy and has a branch in Hamburg, Germany. In Germany, the company name is YOGI TEA GmbH.
Yogi Tea was founded by Yogi Bhajan, an entrepreneur and Kundalini yoga teacher from India who founded the 3HO new religious movement. He shared with his Western students an aromatic spiced tea they affectionately named "Yogi Tea".
In 2010, Yogi Tea was sued by Yogi Bhajan's widow Bibiji Inderjit Kaur Puri, and the State of Oregon. The suits alleged that trusted advisers of the Yogi had forged documents relating to their take-over of the company. The lawsuit was settled on November 6, 2012.
- McDonald, Sherri. "Yogi Tea builds its own place to grow". Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Martin, Douglas. "Yogi Bhajan, 75, 'Boss' of Worlds Spiritual and Capitalistic, Dies". NYT. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- McDonald, Sherri Buri (14 December 2010). "Yogi's widow sues managers". The Register Guard. Springfield, Oregon.
- McDonald, Sherri Buri (November 10, 2010). "State targets Golden Temple". The Register-Guard.
- "Records in lawsuit claim Golden Temple executives drew excessive compensation". Statesman Journal. The Associated Press. May 12, 2011.
- "Dispute over natural foods firm settled". The Columbian. The Register-Guard. November 6, 2012.