|Born||May 6, 1971|
|Occupation||Anime director, animator, character designer, storyboard artist, illustrator|
He is recognized by the way he represents volume and perspective using spheres, especially for smoke and explosions, as well as his character action in general. He remarks Nijitte Monogatari is one of his most important influences, with his artistic style particularly visible in his design work for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Little Witch Academia.
Yoshinari entered the anime industry through the influence of his older brother, Kou Yoshinari. Several of his early works were uncredited second key animation and in-betweens for his brother during high school. After leaving professional school, he applied to Gainax and Madhouse. Not receiving a response from Gainax, he joined Madhouse. Due to a misunderstanding, Gainax failed to process his application until three months later. Not wanting to explain, Yoshinari told Madhouse "being an animator is too hard for me", and switched to Gainax.
At Gainax, Yoshinari had joined just after the closure of Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. With nothing to do, he was immediately put onto visual development for the film Aoki Uru. The brief turn around after Nadia put Yoshinari on the fast track to becoming a key animator.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (key animator, mechanical designer)
- Dead Leaves (key animator)
- Mahoromatic (key animator)
- Medabots (key animator)
- Valkyrie Profile (concept art, character designer)
- Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (concept art, character designer)
- FLCL (storyboard artist, key animator)
- Diebuster (key animator)
- Gurren Lagann (mechanical design, animation director)
- Gurren Lagann Parallel Works (director, animation director, storyboard artist, key animator, ep. 8)
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (concept art, animation director, key animation, ep. 12B)
- Little Witch Academia (concept creator, director, character designer, animation director)
- Kill la Kill (storyboard artist, key animator)
- Kizumonogatari (key animator, part 1, 3)
- Space Patrol Luluco (Effect Artist)
- Darling in the Franxx (key animator)
- BNA: Brand New Animal (director)
- "Yoh Yoshinari Interview (Animestyle, 03/2013) Part 2/3". Wave Motion Cannon. Retrieved 3 November 2017.
- "Yoh Yoshinari Interview (Animestyle, 03/2013) Part 1/3". Wave Motion Cannon. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Interview: Gainax on Gurren Lagann". Anime News Network. 2008-07-28. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- "Studio Trigger's 'Little Witch Academia' Trailer Posted - News". Anime News Network. 2013-01-17. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- "Gainax's Newest Is Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (Updated)". Anime News Network. 2010-05-06. Retrieved 2013-06-21.
- Yoh Yoshinari at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Yoh Yoshinari anime at Media Arts Database (in Japanese)
|This article relating to an animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|