Pino pitching for the Omaha Storm Chasers in 2015
December 26, 1983 |
Turmero, Aragua, Venezuela
|MLB: June 26, 2014, for the Minnesota Twins|
|KBO: April 3, 2016, for the KT Wiz|
(through 2015 season)
|Earned run average||4.63|
(through 2016 season)
|Earned run average||7.15|
Yohan Jose Alana Pino (born December 26, 1983) is a Venezuelan/Colombian professional baseball pitcher for the Tommasin Padova of the Italian Baseball League. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Minnesota Twins and Kansas City Royals, and in the KBO League for the KT Wiz.
Pino signed with the Minnesota Twins before the 2014 season. He made his major league debut on June 19, 2014. At 30 years, 175 days, Pino is the oldest Twins starting pitcher to make his major league debut. Pino was optioned back to the AAA Rochester Red Wings on August 15, 2014, after making 10 starts and going 1-5 with a 5.37 ERA. After the season, Pino was outrighted off the Twins roster.
Kansas City Royals
Pino signed a major league deal with the Kansas City Royals on December 15, 2014. On April 18, 2015, the same day he was called up from Triple-A, he made his Royals debut, replacing starter Yordano Ventura after the latter was ejected in the fourth inning. He was optioned back to the minors on May 12, after he blew a hold opportunity on May 9 with a throwing error in the bottom of the ninth against the Detroit Tigers. On September 7, Pino was designated for assignment.
Second Stint with Twins
On January 24, 2017, Pino signed a minor league contract with the Minnesota Twins. He elected free agency on November 6, 2017.
- "Yohan Pino firmó con los Mellizos de Minnesota" [Yohan Pino signed with the Minnesota Twins]. El Nacional (in Spanish). 20 December 2013.
- Berardino, Mike (18 June 2014). "Yohan Pino will be oldest Twins starter to make major league debut". St. Paul Pioneer Press.
- Bollinger, Rhett (16 August 2014). "Pino optioned to clear roster spot for Nolasco". MLB.com.
- Boor, William (December 15, 2014). "Royals add righty Pino on Major League deal". MLB.com. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Associated Press (18 April 2015). "Royals put closer Greg Holland on 15-day DL with pectoral strain". The Topeka Capital-Journal. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- DeFranks, Matthew (18 April 2015). "Tensions run high in Royals-A's series: Ventura ejected after hitting Lawrie with pitch". Fox Sports. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- Willis, Todd (May 12, 2015). "Royals add Brooks to bullpen, option Pino". MLB.com. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- Beck, Jason; Flanagan, Jeffrey (May 9, 2015). "Jeffrey". MLB.com. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Royals promote Joba Chamberlain from Triple-A". ESPN.com. Associated Press. September 7, 2015. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- Todd, Jeff (January 24, 2017). "Minor MLB Transactions: 1/24/17". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved January 24, 2017.