Yokogawa Station south exit side and Hiroden tram terminal (August 2009)
|Location||3-2 Yokogawa-chō, Nishi, Hiroshima, Hiroshima
|Operated by||JR West, Hiroden|
Yokogawa Station (横川駅 Yokogawa-eki?) is a JR West station located in Yokogawa-cho, Nishi-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. The station services the Sanyō Main Line, Kabe Line and Hiroden Yokogawa Line.
JR Yokogawa Station
- 1897-09-25: Yokogawa Station opens as part of the Sanyō Railway
- 1905-02-05: The first bus service in Japan, began to operate between "Yokogawa" and "Kabe" stations.
- 1906-12-01: Yokogawa Station is nationalized as part of Japanese Government Railways
- 1909-12-19: The Hiroshima branch of the Imperial Railroad (the predecessor of the Kabe Line) opens Rōchō Station, which later became Yokogawa Station
- 1917-11-01: Hiroshima Gasudenki Yokogawa Tram Stop opens
- 1928-11-09: Hiroshima Denki Kabe Line Yokogawa Station moved
- 1962-10-01: JR Kabe Line Yokogawa Station moved. The rail line had to be moved due to the construction of the drainage system for the Ōta River
- 1987-04-01: Japanese National Railways is privatized, and Yokogawa Station becomes a JR West station
- 2001-11-01: The name of the Hiroden Yokogawa Tram Stop is changed to Yokogawa Tram Stop
- 2003-03-27: Construction on the current Yokogawa Tram Stop is completed
- 2003-08-23: Construction on the new Yokogawa Station building is completed
- 2007-05-23: The automated ticket gates operation for "ICOCA" is started
Hiroden Yokogawa Station
- Opened "Yokogawa" and "Misasa" tram stops on November 1, 1917.
- Renamed from "Misasa" to "Yokogawa" in 1926.
- Removed the former "Yokogawa" tram stop on July 28, 1941.
- Moved on July 19, 1951.
- Renamed from "Yokogawa" to "Yokogawa Station" on November 1, 2001.
- Moved to the present place on March 27, 2003.
Yokogawa Station features two island platforms and one side platform capable of handling five lines simultaneously, as well as the Yokogawa Station Tram Stop located directly south of the main station building. The tram stop features a large roof covering the stop in order to provide shelter from the rain and shade from the sun. The roof extends to the main Yokogawa Station building. The first omnibus used in Japan is housed in a museum-like display at the station (see photos on right). The station formerly had tram tracks between platforms 2/3 and 4/5, but these have since been removed.
|1||■ San'yō Main Line||To Miyajimaguchi, Iwakuni, Tokuyama|
|2||■ San'yō Main Line||side track (currently unused)|
|3||■ San'yō Main Line||To Hiroshima, Saijō, Mihara, connection to Kure Line|
|4||■ Kabe Line||To Ōmachi, Midorii, Kabe|
|5||■ Kabe Line||To Hiroshima|
The platforms for the Hiroden Yokogawa Tram Stop is located directly outside the south entrance to the main station building.
- Hiroshima Yokogawa Post Office
- Ōta River
- Japan National Route 54
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 84 (Higashi Kaita-Hiroshima Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 277 (Furuichi-Hiroshima Route)
|Sanyō Main Line|
- FRESTA Yokogawa
- Yokogawa NK Building
- Yokogawa Shotengai
- FUTABA Yokogawa
- Daiso Yokogawa
- Yokogawa Cinema
- (Japanese) JR West