Yokohama Municipal Subway
|Transit type||Rapid Transit|
|Number of lines||2 (Blue & Green)|
|Number of stations||42|
|Began operation||December 16, 1972|
|Operator(s)||Yokohama City Transportation Bureau|
|System length||53.4 km (33.2 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Yokohama Municipal Subway (横浜市営地下鉄 Yokohama-shiei chikatetsu) is the metro network in the city of Yokohama, Japan, south of Tokyo In Kanagawa pref. It is operated by Yokohama City Transportation Bureau, and is operated as two lines, though 3 continuous lines exist.
|Line 1||Blue Line||1972||1999||19.7 km (12.2 mi)||17|
|Line 3||1985||1993||20.7 km (12.9 mi)||16[Note 1]|
|Line 4||Green Line||2008||-||13.1 km (8.1 mi)||10|
|Total:||53.5 km (33.2 mi)||42|
Line 1 and 3 are operated as a single line. Transfer to other railway systems is possible with JR Shinkansen and Yokohama Line at Shin-Yokohama Station and Keikyu Line, JR Tokaido Lines, and other lines at Yokohama Station.
- Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue Line (Lines 1/3) runs from Shonandai Station to Azamino Station.
- Yokohama Municipal Subway Green Line (Line 4) runs from Nakayama Station to Hiyoshi Station.
Transfer between the Blue and Green Line is possible at Center Kita and Center Minami.
Feeder bus services from western Kawasaki City area run to Azamino Station.
The original plans for the green line was a Yokohama loop line. The Green Line is a stage in the planned line from Tsurumi Station to Hiyoshi Station, the current green line to Nakayama Station, to Futamatagawa Station, and on to Higashi-Totsuka Station, and to Kami-Ōoka Station, Negishi Station, and Motomachi.
- List of metro systems
- Minatomirai Line, a private subway line in Yokohama
- Transportation in Greater Tokyo
- Including Kannai Station
- Transportation Bureau, City of Yokohama – official website (in English)
- Network map
- Yokohama Municipal Subway Map (in English)