Yokohama Three Towers
Yokohama three towers are a group of historical towers at the Port of Yokohama. They have been given the nicknames The King, The Queen and The Jack. The best view of the three towers is considered to be from Ōsanbashi Pier.
The three towers are:
- Yokohama Customs building (The Queen)
- Kanagawa Prefectural Office (The King)
- Yokohama Port Opening Memorial Hall (The Jack)
There is a legend that if you go to a place where you can see all three buildings at the same time your wish will be granted. The origins of this legend vary with one version being a foreign sailor whose wish came true after looking at the towers. Another version talks about how these three towers are lucky because they withstood the 1923 Great Kantō earthquake.
- Yokohama (2012). "Yokohama Osanbashi International Passerger Terminal". City of Yokohama. Retrieved October 2, 2012.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau (2012). "Night Views". Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau. Retrieved October 2, 2012.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)