Yolanda van den Herik
11 January 1964
|Other names||Yolanda Foster|
United States (2013–present)
|Occupation||Television personality, model|
|Known for||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills|
(m. 1994; div. 2000)
(m. 2011; div. 2017)
|Children||3, including Gigi and Bella|
Yolanda Hadid (//; née van den Herik; formerly Foster; born 11 January 1964) is a Dutch-born American television personality and former model. She is best known as a star of the American reality-television show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She is mother to IMG models Gigi, Bella, and Anwar Hadid.
Yolanda van den Herik was born and raised in Papendrecht, South Holland, to a family of Christian background. She has a brother named Leo. When she was seven years old, her father died in a car accident, which left her mother, Ans van den Herik (1941–2019) to raise the two children.
Dutch designer Frans Molenaar asked Van den Herik to replace one of his models at a show, where she was discovered by Eileen Ford and signed a contract with Ford Models. Afterwards, Van den Herik modeled in Paris, Milan, Sydney, Cape Town, Tokyo, New York, Los Angeles, and Hamburg. She modeled for 15 years before wanting to settle down and start a family. In 1994, Van den Herik moved to Los Angeles to start her family after meeting and marrying Mohamed Hadid.
Her memoir Believe Me: My Battle with the Invisible Disability of Lyme Disease, was published in 2017. On 11 January 2018, her reality TV-show competition Making a Model with Yolanda Hadid premiered on Lifetime, which has been developed under the working title Model Moms.
Van den Herik's first marriage was to Mohamed Hadid, a real estate developer, from 1994 until 2000. The couple have three children together, Jelena "Gigi" (born 23 April 1995), Isabella "Bella" (born 9 October 1996), and Anwar (born 22 June 1999).
In 2012, Hadid was diagnosed with Lyme disease, as she has stated multiple times on several episodes of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. In December 2012, she reported that she was having a port implanted in her arm to help treat what she has stated is chronic Lyme disease (a condition which does not actually exist). In April 2013, she had the port removed. In January 2015, she revealed that, as a consequence of the illness that Hadid believes she has, she had "lost the ability to read, write, or even watch TV".
She was naturalized as a US citizen on 23 May 2013.
In May 2020, Hadid announced she was in a relationship with the CEO of a construction and development company called Jingoli, Joseph ‘Joey’ Jingoli.
|1991||1st & Ten||Betty Ann||"Flashbacks" (season 7, episode 15)|
|2011–2012||Nederlandse Hollywood Vrouwen||Herself||Series regular|
|2012–2016||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||Series regular (seasons 3–6)|
|2013||Vanderpump Rules||Herself||"Tooth or Consequences" (season 2, episode 1)|
|2014||The Real Housewives of New York City||Herself||"Unhappy Anniversary" (season 6, episode 6)|
|2017||Project Runway||Herself / Guest Judge||3 episodes|
|2018||Making a Model with Yolanda Hadid||Herself / Host||8 episodes|
|2014||"G.U.Y."||Lady Gaga||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Band Member|
- Halberg, Morgan (26 May 2017). "All the Hadids Moved to New York; Justin Theroux Has a Neighbor Problem". Observer. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- "About me – Yolanda". Yolanda.com. Archived from the original on 18 December 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Borgdorff, Suzanne (9 October 2015). "Bloedmooie Gigi Hadid trots op Nederlandse roots / Gorgeous Gigi Hadid's proud Dutch roots". Algemeen Dagblad / General Newspaper (in Dutch). Rotterdam. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
...haar Nederlandse Hollywoodmoeder Yolanda Foster-van den Herik. / her Dutch Hollywood mother Yolanda Foster van den Herik.
- "Yolanda H. Foster". Bravo. 13 September 2012. Archived from the original on 19 October 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Willis, Jackie (8 June 2016). "Yolanda Hadid Pens Book About Her Battle With Lyme Disease". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "New Competition Reality Series "Making a Model with Yolanda Hadid" Premieres January 11" (Press release). Lifetime. 30 November 2017. Archived from the original on 17 January 2018. Retrieved 17 January 2018 – via TheFutonCritic.com.
- Corriston, Michele (17 February 2016). "Yolanda Drops 'Foster' as Divorce Proceeds, Takes Ex-Husband's Name Again". People. Archived from the original on 18 February 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- Leach, Robin (16 November 2011). "David Foster weds model Yolanda Hadid in fourth walk down the aisle". Las Vegas Sun. Las Vegas, Nevada. Archived from the original on 8 November 2015. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- McNeil, Liz (1 December 2015). "Yolanda Foster and David Foster Divorcing". People. United States. Time Inc. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Radar Staff (24 May 2017). "It's Official! Yolanda Hadid & David Foster Divorce Finalized". Radar Online. Retrieved 28 May 2017.
- Auwaerter, Paul (2012). "Bullying Borrelia: When the Culture of Science is Under Attack". Transactions of the American Clinical and Climatological Association. 123: 79–90. PMC 3540629. PMID 23303970.
- Johnson, Zach (22 April 2013). "Yolanda Foster Recovering From Surgery Related to Lyme Disease". Us Weekly. Archived from the original on 10 September 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Rice, Lynette (19 January 2015). "Real Housewives's Yolanda Foster: I've Lost the Ability to Read and Write". People. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- Johnson, Megan (24 May 2013). "Yolanda Foster Becomes an American Citizen!". Bravo. Retrieved 5 December 2020.
- Slater, Georgia. "Yolanda Hadid Calls Boyfriend Joseph Jingoli Her 'True Love' in Sweet Birthday Tribute". People.com. Retrieved 1 August 2021.
- "Zayn Malik files 'no contest' plea to harassment charges". BBC News. 29 October 2021. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- VanHoose, Benjamin (28 October 2021). "Zayn Malik Responds After Report He Struck Gigi Hadid's Mom Yolanda, Wants 'Peaceful' Co-Parenting". People. Meredith Corporation.