This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
14 January 1934 – 5 December 2015
|Education||MA in Literature|
|Alma mater||Laval University, Canada|
|Occupation||High school teacher|
|Years active||1954 - 2006|
|Organization||St Patrick's High School, Karachi|
|Spouse(s)||Noel Kirby Henderson|
|Children||John, Jennifer and William|
|Parent(s)||Felix Martin and Genevieve Pinto|
In a 2013 tribute in the Christian Voice to the late Bishop Anthony Theodore Lobo she eulogised Raymond calling him "an educational visionary and leader." While teaching at St Patrick's she also completed her teacher training.
Henderson became headmistress of the St Patrick’s "O" Levels section in 1991. Under her, the St Patrick’s "O" Levels section was an exceptional institution with strict discipline, excellent academics, and great extracurricular activities.
At an 18 October 2010 school reunion to celebrate the 150-year anniversary of its founding, one of her former students described her as "one of the most well-loved teachers and mentors." Another student, Roland de Souza, described her as "one of the best teachers" he had.
On 6 May 2011, The Old Patricians (former students of the school) presented the Yolande Henderson Gold Medal to the top student from the Cambridge "O" level section at the closing ceremony of the 150th anniversary of the school.
On 12 October 2012, the Society of Pakistan English Language Teachers (SPELT) paid tribute to Henderson, for whom it was said that "her students spread across the world are better human beings thanks to her guidance."
- "Educationist with a Heart of Gold", Dawn.com, 16 October 2011.
- Citizens Archive of Pakistan's Oral History Project, YouTube.com; accessed 4 December 2017.
- Profile, The Express Tribune, 6 December 2015.
- "Bishop Lobo obituary", Christian Voice, 10 March 2013.
- "Service to God and Country", Dawn.com, 1 May 2011.
- "St Patrick's High School spends a night remembering its Legends", The Express Tribune, 18 October 2010.
- "A Life Well-Lived", Express Tribune, 17 September 2015.
- The Old Patricians website; accessed 8 April 2012. Archived 28 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Bishop Lobo was a gentleman of the highest order - both humane and fearless, The Express Tribune, 13 March 2013.
- Mrs Henderson passes away in Karachi, The Express Tribune, 5 December 2015.
- Mrs. Henderson pases away, Dawn.com, 5 December 2015.