Yon González Luna|
20 May 1986
Bergara, Gipuzkoa, Basque Country, Spain
|Relatives||Aitor Luna (brother)|
Yon González Luna (born 20 May 1986) is a Spanish actor. He is probably best known for his performance as Iván Noiret León in the Antena 3 series The Boarding School (El internado), as well as for his role of Julio Olmedo/Espinosa in the television series Gran Hotel.
Yon González began his acting career in the LaSexta series SMS (Spanish: SMS – Sin miedo a soñar) in 2006. He then went on to star in the Antena 3 series The Boarding School (El internado) from 2007 to 2010 which brought him wider popularity. González's performance as Iván Noiret León earned him an ACE Award for Best New Actor in 2010, as well as a Golden Nymph for Best Actor – Drama nomination at the Monte-Carlo Television Festival 2009.
Throughout 2008 and 2009, González starred in the motion pictures Sex, Parties and Lies (Mentiras y gordas), opposite Mario Casas, Hugo Silva and his The Boarding School co–star Ana de Armas, and Sebastián Cordero's Rabies (Rabia). He also appeared in the short films The Storymaker (El forjador de historias), Impossible Loves (Amores imposibles), Identity (Identidad) and Latex Puppets (Muñecos de latex), winning the La FILA Festival of Short Films Award for Best Male Performance for the latter. In 2010, González portrayed Constantine II of Greece in Sofía, a television miniseries based on the life of Queen Sofía of Spain. In 2011, González worked primarily in television, appearing in Great Reserve (Gran reserva), which stars his brother Aitor Luna, The Whos (Los Quién) and Grand Hotel (Gran hotel). Grand Hotel, in which he starred opposite his SMS fellow Amaia Salamanca, won him Fotogramas de Plata Award for Best Television Actor., las chicas del cable (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_chicas_del_cable) Francisco Gómez 2017-?
In 2007, González modeled for David Delfín at the Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week. He also covered numerous magazines, such as Vanity Fair, Glamour, Marie Claire and Cosmopolitan, either alone or with his The Boarding School fellows.
Personal and media life
González was born in Bergara, Gipuzkoa, but currently lives in Madrid. His family is Spanish. His older brother Aitor González Luna is also an actor, probably best known for his role in Paco's Men (Los hombres de Paco). González cites Juan Diego, Jordi Mollà and Luis Tosar as his role models. He is fluent in Spanish and Basque, and works on improving his English.
|SMS||SMS||2006-2007||Andrés||TV series; 2006–07|
|The Boarding School||El internado||2007-2010||Iván Noiret León||TV series; 2007–10 |
ACE Award for Best New Actor
Nominated—Golden Nymph for Best Actor – Drama
|The Storymaker||El forjador de historias||2008||Victor||Short film|
|Impossible Loves||Amores imposibles||2008||Boy||Short film|
|Sex, Parties and Lies||Mentiras y gordas||2009||Nico|
|Latex Puppets||Muñecos de latex||2009||Adrián||Short film |
La FILA Festival of Short Films Award for Best Male Performance
|Sofía||Sofía||2010||Constantine II of Greece||TV miniseries|
|Torrente 4||Torrente 4||2011||Peralta|
|Great Reserve||Gran reserva||2011||Manuel Hernández||TV series|
|The Whos||Los Quién||2011||Paco||TV series; 1 episode|
|Unknown Truth||Desconocierto||2011||Man||Short film|
|Grand Hotel||Gran hotel||2011-2013||Julio Olmedo||TV series |
Fotogramas de Plata Award for Best Television Actor
|Under Suspicion||Bajo sospecha||2014||Víctor García||TV series|
|The Cable Girls||Las Chicas Del Cable||2017-present||Francisco||TV series|
Awards and nominations
|Association of Latin Entertainment Critics Awards||2010||Best New Actor||The Boarding School||Won|
|Fotogramas de Plata Awards||2011||Best Television Actor||Grand Hotel||Won|
|La FILA Festival of Short Films||2009||Best Male Performance||Latex Puppets||Won|
|Monte-Carlo Television Festival Awards||2009||Golden Nymph for Best Actor – Drama||The Boarding School||Nominated|
|Neox Fan Awards||2012||Best television series actor||Grand Hotel||Nominated|
|Best kiss of the year (w/ Amaia Salamanca)||Won|
|2013||Best television series actor||Nominated|
|Best kiss of the year (w/Amaia Salamanca)||Nominated|
- "Yon González y Ana Duato, premiados en Nueva York". La voz libre (in Spanish). 19 April 2010. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Fernández, Ángel (16 April 2009). "Series españolas a la conquista de la Ninfa de Oro del Festival de Montecarlo". El mundo (in Spanish). Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Historia del Festival". Cine La FILA (in Spanish). Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Cinco años después de 'SMS', Amaia Salamanca y Yon González se reencuentran y se enamoran en 'Gran Hotel'". ¡Hola! (in Spanish). 9 August 2011. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Elena Anaya y José Coronado repiten el éxito de los Goya en los Fotogramas de Plata 2011 como mejores intérpretes de cine". ¡Hola! (in Spanish). 13 March 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Yon González Luna". www.actoresmasguapos.com (in Spanish). 17 November 2011. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Yon González". actoresmasatractivos.com (in Spanish). 28 December 2009. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Yon González, un irresistible y rebelde galán que vuelve dispuesto a conquistarnos". Antena 3 (in Spanish). 24 October 2011. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Yon González y Aitor Luna, hermanos en la vida real y rivales en la pequeña pantalla". Hola (in Spanish). 22 February 2015. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "Yon González: "Me da morbo pensar qué pasará después de El Internado"". Antena 3 (in Spanish). 22 July 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Yon Gonzalez: La profesion de actor es la mas bonita del mundo". El Internado Blog (in Spanish). 11 December 2007. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Los Actores Españoles Mas Sexies De La Television" (in Spanish). 17 February 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2012.