|Rabbi Yona Reiss|
New York City, New York, USA
|Alma mater||Yeshivat Shaalvim, Yeshiva University (BA), Yale University (J.D)|
|Occupation||Lawyer, Dean, Rabbi|
Yona (Jonathan) Reiss (born 1966 in New York City) is an American rabbi, noted Torah scholar, attorney, lecturer, and jurist, and the current Av Beth Din of the Chicago Rabbinical Council (CRC).  Most recently, between 2008 and 2013, Rabbi Reiss had been the Max and Marion Grill Dean of Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary (RIETS). From 1998 to 2008, Rabbi Reiss served as Director of the Beth Din of America [dead link].
Reiss attended the Yeshiva University High School for Boys in New York. Later, he learned in Yeshivat Shaalvim in Israel before graduating summa cum laude from Yeshiva University in 1987 with a BA in philosophy. He received his rabbinic ordination from RIETS (Rabbi Issac Elchanan Theological Seminary) in 1991, where he also earned the distinction of Yadin Yadin later in 2002. He received his J.D. from Yale Law School in 1992, and served as a senior editor of the Yale Law Journal.
From 1992 to 1998, Rabbi Reiss worked as an associate at the international law firm of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton in New York City. He maintained an association with the firm until 1999. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association, a certified mediator for the City of New York court system, and a member of the Family and Divorce Mediation Council for New York.
Rabbi Reiss serves on the editorial board of Tradition magazine. A frequent writer on a variety of topics relating to both Jewish and secular law, he has published widely in Jewish publications, as well as in the Wall Street Journal and New York Law Journal.
Rabbi Reiss and his wife Mindy have five sons and a daughter and live in Chicago, IL. Reiss is the son of Harry Reiss, a Rockland County town councilman who taught at Yeshiva University and Rockland Community College.
- "cRc:Chicago Rabbinical Council". Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- "Rabbi Yona Reiss to Leave Deanship, Assume Rosh Yeshiva Position". The Commentator. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- "About". TraditionArchive.org. Tradition Magazine. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- http://yucommentator.org/2013/03/rabbi-yona-reiss-to-leave-deanship-assume-rosh-yeshiva-position/. Retrieved 28 September 2015. Missing or empty
- Clarke, Suzan (July 16, 2007). "Ramapo Councilman Harry Reiss dies". THE JOURNAL NEWS. Archived from the original on September 27, 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2015.