Yonah Alexander is an author and lecturer who specializes in terrorism.
He received his PhD from Columbia University, an MA from the University of Chicago (MA), and his BA from Roosevelt University of Chicago.
Yonah also serves as a member of the Blue Ribbon Study Panel on Biodefense, a group that encourages and advocates changes to government policy to strengthen national biodefense. In order to address biological threats facing the nation, the Blue Ribbon Study Panel on Biodefense created a 33 step initiative for the U.S. Government to implement. Headed by former Senator Joe Lieberman and former Governor Tom Ridge, the Study Panel assembled in Washington D.C. for four meetings concerning current biodefense programs. The Study Panel concluded that the federal government had little to no defense mechanisms in case of a biological event. The Study Panel's final report, The National Blueprint for Biodefense, proposes a string of solutions and recommendations for the U.S. Government to take, including items such as giving the Vice President authority over biodefense responsibilities and merging the entire biodefense budget. These solutions represent the Panel's call to action in order to increase awareness and activity for pandemic related issues.
- Combating terrorism: strategies of ten countries University of Michigan Press 31 August 2002. ISBN 978-0-472-09824-8
- Europe's red terrorists: the fighting communist organizations Routledge 1 October 1992. ISBN 978-0-7146-3488-3
- The New Iranian Leadership: Ahmadinejad, Nuclear Ambition, and the Middle East Praeger 30 December 2007. ISBN 978-0-275-99639-0
- Turkey: Terrorism, Civil Rights, and the European Union Routledge. ISBN 0-415-44163-3
- "Potomac Institute for Policy Studies". p. 1. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- Schmid p153
- Alexander p V
- Schmid, lex Peter, Jongman, A. J. Political Terrorism: A New Guide to Actors, Authors, Concepts, Data Bases, Theories, and Literature Transaction Revised edition. 28 February 2005. ISBN 978-1-4128-0469-1
- Alexander Yonah, Swetnam Michael S.Usama Bin Laden's "Al-Qaida": Profile of a Terrorist Network Transnational Publishers 1 April 2001. ISBN 978-1-57105-219-3
|This article about a writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|