Professor Yongyudh Vajaradul (Thai: ยงยุทธ วัชรดุลย์, August 18, 1940, Chiangmai, Thailand) is a pioneer in the field of tissue banking and the use of bone allografts in orthopedic surgery, and serves as the Chairman of the World Buddhist Scout Brotherhood.
The Pan-Asiatic Tissue Banking Association was first proposed in 1985 during the Western Pacific Orthopaedic Association Congress in Bangkok, Thailand by Vajaradul, Alain Patel of France and Norberto Agcaoili of the Philippines, with its Secretariat at Bangkok Biomaterial Center. In October 1988, during the Third International Conference on Locomotor Tissue Bank in Bangkok, the new association was born and renamed Asia-Pacific Association of Surgical Tissue Banking (APASTB). The founding members included Vajaradul became the First President in 1988.
Vajaradul is a member of the National Scout Executive Board and the National Scout Council of the National Scout Organization of Thailand, as well as a member of the Asia Pacific Regional Scout Committee
Vajaradul was the Charter President of the Rotary Club of Bangkok-Banglamphu District 3350, Rotary International, in 1998. Vajaradul is a chairman of Interdisciplinary network of the Royal institute of Thailand.
- 1978 -Fellow of the Royal Institute of Thailand
- 1987 - Boy Scout Citation Medal of Vajira (First Class)
- 1989 - Officier dans l’Ordre des Palmes Académiques (France)
- 1989 - Knight Grand Cross (First Class) of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
- 1991 - Chevalier de l’Ordre national du Mérite (France)
- 1991 - Knight and Dame Grand Cross (First Class) of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
- 1992 - Member of the Order of Symbolic Propitiousness Ramkeerati Boy Scout Citation Medal (Special Class)
- 1995 - Freemen Safeguarding Medal (Second Class, Second Category)
- 1996 - Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
- 1999 - Vajaradul was appointed an Officier d l'Ordre national du Mérite by Ambassador Coster, Embassy of France to Thailand on 24 June 1999.
- 1999 - Boy Scout Citation Medal of Vajira (Third Class)
- 1999 - Order of the Silver Elephant (First Class) - (All India Boy Scouts)
- 1999 - Vajaradul was awarded an honorary membership of the European Association of Tissue Banks (EATB) at the Second World Congress and Eighth EATB Annual Meeting, October 7–10, 1999, in Warsaw, Poland.
- 1999-Order of the Silver Tiger (first Class) Bangladesh
- 2008 - He was awarded the Bronze Wolf Award by the World Scout Committee during the 38th World Scout Conference held in 2008 on Jeju Island, Korea.
- Chairman of Interdisciplinary network of the Royal Institute of Thailand(INRIT)"The Opera Blog - News | Opera". Archived from the original on May 16, 2011. Retrieved March 22, 2008.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Corporate Profile". Bangkok Biomaterial Center website. Bangkok Biomaterial Center. 2000. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- von Versen, Rüdiger; Glyn O. Phillips (2000-03-01). "Honorary Membership of EATB 1999 – Professor Dr. Med. Yongyudh Vajaradul (2nd World Congress and 8th EATB Annual Meeting, October 7–10, 1999, Warsaw, Poland)". Cell and Tissue Banking. Springer Netherlands. 1 (1): 95. doi:10.1023/A:1017214023864. ISSN 1389-9333.
- "Contribution of Prof. Dr. Med. Yongyudh Vajaradul to the enhancement of standards of Thai Medical Personnel". Thai Association of Tissue Banking website. Thai Association of Tissue Banking. 2003. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- "38th World Scout Conference – Summary". World Scout Bureau website. World Scout Bureau. Retrieved 26 March 2016.