Yoni massage or yonic massage, derived from the word Yoni, a representation of the vulva which symbolizes the goddess Shakti, is a type of Tantric full-body massage. It primarily focuses on the labia, clitoris, g-spot, uterus, the breasts, the anus and other erogenous zones. The massage is viewed as therapeutic and is sometimes used as a method of relieving tension, pain, or general discomfort of the vagina. It has been claimed by some practitioners to be helpful to achieve fertilisation, although there is no scientific support for this claim.
Contrary to some beliefs, the purpose of Yoni massage is not solely to achieve orgasm, although it commonly occurs during Yoni massage. This is presumably because of the higher rate of achieved orgasm during masturbation, compared to sexual intercourse. Due to the stimulation of the vulva, clitoris, g-spot and if desired also the anus build-up, and combined and constant stimulation to the erogenous zones during the massage, achieving orgasm via Yoni massage is probable.
Yoni massage is sometimes offered in regular massage parlors, as well as parlors specializing in Tantric massage. Yoni massage is a fairly new branch within massage therapy, and is based on the interpretation of Taoist sexual practices by Joseph Kramer. It was originally a form of sex magic, and this is still somewhat incorporated in Yoni massage today.
A Yoni massage consists of the masseuse, called the giver, and the receiver of the massage, called the Shakta. The receiver is almost always naked, whilst the giver is clothed. The Yoni massage consists of several steps, slowly and gradually providing a build-up to the eventual vaginal stimulation. The massage begins with the receiver lying on her stomach, exposing the other side of the body, called the Yang side. After the massage of her entire rear body and buttocks, the receiver turns around, lying on her back, and the masseuse massages the Yin side. The massage continues, slowly transforming from whole body massage, to breast massage, to stimulation of the vulva, and finally deep vaginal stimulation. Massage oil, like in many other forms of massage, is not only used, but is also an essential part of the massage, to provide a sufficient amount of lubrication.
Depending on the training and preferences, the touches take place in many different variations, of which only a selection is shown here in the photographic representation on a vulva model. Unlike the silicone model, the vulva is usually still closed at the beginning and is only touched only from the outside. During sexual arousal, which is enhanced by the warm oil, it slowly opens.
Labia majora still closed, then slowly opening
Placing the warm hand on the entire vulva
Gentle perineal massage
Penetration to the G-Spot with further clitoral glans stimulation.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 November 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2016.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Riedl, Michaela (2009). Yoni Massage - Awakening Female Sexual Energy. Inner Traditions/Bear & Company. pp. 17–27, 47, 66, 84, 85, 88, 89, 92. ISBN 9781594772740.
- Schweizer-Arau, Annemarie (23 November 2015). Der sanfte Weg zum Wunschkind: IVF (fast) ohne Hormone (in German). Kösel-Verlag. p. 106. ISBN 978-3-641-16687-8. Archived from the original on 18 August 2016. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "White Lotus East on Yoni Massage". White Lotus East.
- Weiten, S. Dunn, Yost Hammer, Waynne, Dana, Elizabeth (2011). Psychology Applied to Modern Life: Adjustment in the 21st Century. p. 386.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Cavendish, Marshall (2010). Sex and Society, Volume 2. pp. 590, 591.
- Inari H. Hanel: Der G-Punkt in der Yoni-Massage
- R. Komisaruk, Whipple, Nasserzadeh, Beyer-Flores, Barry, Beverly, Sara, Carlos (2009). The Orgasm Answer Guide. JHU Press. pp. 108–109]. ISBN 9780801893957.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Ratchford, Sarah (27 August 2015). "I Got a Professional Vagina Massage in Hopes of a Better Sex Life". Cosmopolitan.
- "A Social History of the First Ten Years of Taoist Erotic Massage by Joseph Kramer".
- Riedl, Michaela (2009). Yoni Massage - Awakening Female Sexual Energy. Inner Traditions Bear & Company. pp. 109, 110. ISBN 9781594772740.
- "How To Yoni Massage". Karmatantric.com.
- Riedl, Michaela (2009). Yoni Massage - Awakening Female Sexual Energy. Inner Traditions/Bear & Company. pp. 78–94. ISBN 9781594772740.
- Dirk Liesenfeld: Yoni- und Lingam-Massage - Die intime Berührung
- Yella Cremer: Mindful Yoni Massage
- Riedl, Michaela (2009). Yoni Massage - Awakening Female Sexual Energy. Inner Traditions/Bear & Company. pp. 46, 47. ISBN 9781594772740.
- "LoveStone". YoniEgg.com.
- McGloster, Niki (26 February 2016). "EliteDaily". Elite Daily.
- Peña Martos, Lola (25 July 2017). "SayoniCare". SayoniCare.