YooHoo & Friends (2009 TV series)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|YooHoo & Friends|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||65 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||13 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Aurora World|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||July 2, 2009– April 9, 2015|
|YooHoo & Friends|
|Revised Romanization||Yuhuwa chingudeul|
YooHoo & Friends (Hangul: 유후와 친구들; RR: Yuhuwa Chingudeul, officially subtitled Travel Around the World to Find Greens (Hangul: 그린을 찾아 함께 떠나는 세계여행; RR: Geulin-eul chaj-a hamkke tteonaneun segyeyeohaeng)) is a Korean animated children's television series based on the toyline of the same name, produced by Korean toy manufacturer Aurora World. The series debuted on the Korean broadcasting channel KBS2, and later on KBS1 from July 2, 2009 to April 9, 2015.
Season 1 features a story about a group of animals, mostly based on endangered species, who grow the Tree of Life in their habitat Yootopia. They are at risk of extinction because of worsening environmental conditions. But when all the seeds are accidentally blown away to Earth, the group accidentally gets sent down as well. Now being separated from their home, YooHoo and his friends go on adventures to find the missing magical seeds of the Tree of Life, avoiding danger and receiving help from new friends made along their journey as they retrieve each green seed one by one.
After reclaiming all of the green seeds and returning to Yootopia, YooHoo and his friends live peacefully until two mysterious people, Oops and Coops who are crocodile hunters working for their corrupt leader Big Boss, arrive at YooHoo's world to capture him and his friends and sell them to the black market. YooHoo and his friends team up to foil their plans, as well as save Yootopia.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||July 2, 2009||December 18, 2009|
|2||28||October 21, 2013||May 24, 2014|
|3||11||January 11, 2015||April 9, 2015|
- YooHoo (Hangul: 유후; RR: Yuhu; voiced by Jeon Suk-gyeong) is a cream and grey Bush Baby with blue eyes and a blue and grey striped tail. He is the main protagonist of the series, he is usually an excellent leader; being the maturest and nicest to everyone of his friends and keeps the team together. His goal is to save Yootopia and find all of the green seeds and has a crush on Pammee, usually hiding this in front of his friends. His catchphrase is "YooHoo!" As of season 2, he now carries a small brown bag at important situations.
- Pammee (Hangul: 패미; RR: Paemi; voiced by Yu Ji-won) is a pink and white Fennec Fox with pink eyes, and a pink and white striped tail. She's described as a princess due to her shy and girly nature, constantly finding random things romantic. She is also very optimistic, usually is the voice of reason to the entire group. Pammee can hear things that her friends can't due to her huge ears, and she is able to converse with the nature. As of season 2, she now officially wears a pink bow at the right side of her head.
- Roodee (Hangul: 루디; RR: Ludi; voiced by Um Sang-hyun) is a yellow and brown Capuchin Monkey with yellow eyes and an orange and brown striped tail, described as the inventor of the group. He is the smartest of the team, able to construct complex inventions from twigs and leaves and usually reads his guide book for clues. He holds a persistent antagonism with Lemmee and consistently argues with him. As of season 2, he is now seen wearing glasses.
- Chewoo (Hangul: 츄우; RR: Chyuu; voiced by Han Shin-jeong) is a Red Squirrel with white stripes and pink eyes. She is described as the cheerleader, and keeping to her role, she is immature, hyperactive, always cheerful. Her childishness constantly gets her into trouble. But sometimes she never think twice about her actions; more often than not she helps the team accomplish their task. She is usually the cause of the events of the first season and the reason why all the Green Seeds are scattered around the world. At the second season, she is now shown wearing a green hat.
- Lemmee (Hangul: 레미; RR: Lemi; voiced by Song Jeong-hui in season 1 and Lee Won-chan in season 2) is a grey and white Ring-tailed Lemur with yellow eyes, black eye markings, and a grey and white striped tail. He is described as a sourpuss, and is in general the outcast of the group. Unsurprisingly he is narcissistic, selfish and sadistic, sometimes often argues with Roodee and later, with Yoohoo. However, despite being grumpy, he sometimes display his nice side to his friends, often giving them some good advice at some situations. As of season 2, he wears a red bowtie.
YooHoo & Friends was developed in 2007, and was created to teach children about the protection and preservation of the environment. Season 1 of the series was animated by nSac Entertainment, and Studio Vandal, Magic Image Co., Ltd., and MICO Animation Studio. Ltd animated season 2. The series lasted for three seasons and 65 episodes, and officially ended in 2015. Lawless Entertainment now currently owns the license for the series's distribution in North America.
- "오로라월드, '유후와 친구들' 시즌2 방영" [Aurora World to broadcast 'YooHoo & Friends' season 2]. 뉴스토마토 (in Korean). 2013-10-25. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- Arrant, Chris (June 6, 2011). "ADC's "Yoohoo And Friends" Gets Picked Up By UK Channel Pop". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved December 15, 2012.