August 14, 1972 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Years active||1991 – present|
|Genres||Observational, Sketch, Wit, Parody, Slapstick, Dramatic, Sitcom|
|Spouse||Na Kyung-eun (나경은) (m. 2008)|
|Notable works and roles||Infinite Challenge, Family Outing, X-Man, Come to Play, Happy Together, Running Man|
|Revised Romanization||Yu Jae-seok|
Yoo Jae-suk (Hangul: 유재석; RR: Yu Jae-seok; born on August 14, 1972), is a South Korean actor, comedian and television comedy show host. Nicknamed the "MC of the nation" (국민 MC), a vote by South Korean netizens proclaimed him the most popular Korean comedian for five consecutive years beginning (2004-2008). He has hosted several variety television shows in South Korea, including the popular programs Infinite Challenge and Running Man. He is also nicknamed "The Grasshopper", due to his early appearances where he dressed as a grasshopper. He is now known for his quick wit and appeal across a wide range of demographics. He has established himself as one of Korea's top comedians and TV personalities.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Characters
- 3 Filmography
- 4 Radio appearances
- 5 Discography
- 6 Awards
- 7 Commercials
- 8 Other appearances
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Yoo Jae-suk was born as the eldest child out of three (he has two younger sisters) on August 14, 1972 in Seoul, South Korea. Yoo Jae-suk attended the Seoul Institute of the Arts, but was unable to graduate due to his busy schedule as an up-and-coming comedian.
His television debut was on the KBS Comedian Festival (for college students) in 1991, where he performed a parody of a commercial with Choi Seung-gyung (Hangul: 최승경). Him dancing to a cover of the song "Step by Step" by New Kids on the Block is also one of his early memorable moments. In 2002, after nine hard years as a relatively unknown comedian, thanks to a recommendation by Choi Jin-sil, he hosted a program called Live and Enjoy Together (Dong-guh-dong-lak). The program became instantly popular and since then Yoo began to host many other variety programs. His potential was fully realized when he co-hosted a program called The Crash of MCs (MC 대격돌 – 공포의 쿵쿵따) with Kang Ho-dong, Lee Hwi-jae and Kim Han-seok.
His first Grand Prize award was for a popular program called Happy Together Friends. The show's concept was for TV personalities to try and find their school friends (five of them) out of many (false friends) who are sitting behind a desk. The show was intended to bring back nostalgic memories about one's days in school. This Grand Prize was especially memorable, not just because it was Yoo's first, but because it was from the broadcasting station where he made his debut.
He later went on to host the show X-Man, which soon grew to be one of the most popular and most viewed shows in Korea. During that time, he became increasingly popular and many programs began to nickname Yoo as the "MC of the Nation." However, after a few years, the program was canceled due to falling ratings as well as an absence of new and innovative ideas. Yoo went on to host various replacement shows, New X-Man, Old TV (in which guests would re-enact classic TV serials), and Haja! Go! (Let's Do It) for SBS, which were all shortly canceled due to low ratings on Sunday evenings. However, X-Man has found success in international syndication.
Yoo is a part of the cast of the top-rated comedy variety program Infinite Challenge (무한도전) with Jung Hyung-don and Noh Hong-chul. He is the host-in-chief since 2005 and one of the program's founding members. The program wasn't popular when it first aired and its average ratings were low (roughly 5 percent). After Kim Tae-ho took a role as new PD, the program underwent several changes both in its concept and the cast. New members such as Park Myung-soo, Haha, and Jeong Jun-ha were added to the cast of Infinite Challenge in 2006. By the time season 3 of the show aired in 2006, the concept and format of "variety & reality program" became very popular, and Infinite Challenge became the forerunner of many programs that followed with the same or similar format. Since December 2, 2006, the program has received the highest ratings of prime-time lineups for Saturday evening.
Infinite Challenge is seen as Yoo's favorite and best program as not only did he met his wife, Na Kyung-eun (나경은), during season 2, he was able to gain even more popularity due the rising popularity of the show and its significant effect on the general public. He ended up winning a total of three Grand Prizes (2006, 2007 and 2009) with the program. His love to this program was reflected during 1-on-1 talk with fellow co-host, Jung Hyung-don, on "Pause" special (S04E300) that aired on October 20, 2012. He said "I think my life on television and variety shows will be tied to the fate of Infinite Challenge" and "When will we ever get to do another program like this? No matter how hard you try, it's going to be impossible to do another film like this."
Yoo also co-hosts Come to Play (놀러와) with Kim Won-hee and Happy Together Season 3 (해피 투게더 3) with Park Myung-soo, Park Mi-sun and Shin Bong-sun. Yoo hosted these talk shows for a long period of time (both over 5 years), and the ratings have been consistently high throughout his tenure. Although Happy Together continues to this day, Come to Play was cancelled in 2012 due to low ratings after its long tenure. Yoo tries his best to differentiate his hosting styles, both based on who his guests are and on their current situation.
After those replacement shows on SBS, on June 15, 2008, Yoo, along with Lee Hyori, Yoon Jong-shin, Kim Su-ro, Lee Chun-hee, Kang Dae-sung, Park Ye-jin and Kim Jong-kook (since episode 19) became the hosts and family members of Family Outing (Korean: 패밀리가 떴다) as a part of SBS's Good Sunday lineup. Since then, Family Outing has become one of the top-rated shows in Korea, consistently achieving the highest ratings at the Sunday mid-afternoon time-slot (especially during the first and second quarters of 2009). However, with various problems and scandals regarding the program, and by the end of 2009 and beginning of 2010, a rumor of Yoo not continuing his contract with Family Outing was raised. By the time of his contract expiration, Family Outing rating wasn't the same as that of early 2009, and Season 1 was brought to an end.
On July 6, 2008, Yoo Jae-suk married MBC announcer Na Kyung-eun (나경은) who worked with him on the show Infinite Challenge. Yoo and his wife welcomed their first child, a son, on May 1, 2010.
Since July 11, 2010, he has hosted a variety show called Running Man together with fellow Infinite Challenge member, Haha, and other entertainers such as Ji Suk-jin, Kim Jong-kook, LeeSsang's Gary, Song Ji-hyo, Lee Kwang-soo and Song Joong-ki (who has since left the show as of episode 41 to focus on his acting career). Although the program did not have a good start in ratings, it later became one of Korea's most popular shows. The program is not only popular in Korea, but also in other countries as shown by their overseas filming & fanmeeting demand.
In 2012, Yoo Jae-suk and fellow host of Infinite Challenge, Noh Hong-chul, appeared in the music video for Psy's hit single "Gangnam Style.". In the video, he was reprising the retro disco dancing character he created for the mock-band "Drooping Snail" in Infinite Challenge's West Coast Highway Music Festival special where Psy also appeared.
In 2015, Yoo Jae-suk appeared in Jinusean's Tell Me One More Time music video.
- Grasshopper (메뚜기)
- Nation's Master of Ceremony (국민 MC)
- Class-President Yoo (유반장) (Infinite Challenge)
- The 1st-in-command (1인자) (Infinite Challenge)
- Yooneunim (God Yoo) (유느님) (Infinite Challenge)
- Detective Yoo (Infinite Challenge)
- Delinquent Yoo (날유) (Infinite Challenge)
- Low Nipples Yoo (저쪼아래) (Infinite Challenge)
- Dook Ma-ae (뚝마에)
- Jive Yoo
- Samba Yoo
- Mr. Sun (해님) (Infinite Challenge)
- Dumb 덤 (형)(and Dumber) (Family Outing)
- C-Dragon (Family Outing)
- Yoo Bom
- Hubby Yoo (유서방)
- Yooruce Willis (유르스 윌리스); spoof of Bruce Willis) (Running Man)
- Yoo Hyuk 유혁 (Running Man)
- Yoomes Bond (Running Man)
- Yoo-bron James; spoof of LeBron James) (Running Man)
- Seuk T.O.P (Family Outing)
- Nal Yoo (날유)
- Rapper Yoo (Family Outing)
- Handsome Boy (Family Outing)
- Manager Yoo (유부장) (Infinite Challenge)
- Cicada-nem (매미넴) ; (spoof for Eminem) (Running Man)
- Mc Yoo(Running Man)
On Infinite Challenge
On Infinite Challenge, Yoo Jae-suk is not only the program's host-in-chief where he leads all Infinite Challenge members to reach the goal of each episode, but also the person who contributed several creative inputs for the program. This was seen on "Mudo Style, Beijing Style" and "2012 Introducing Ugly Friend Festival" specials. Due to his leadership presented to this program, a new kind of cult has been created called "Infinite Jae-suk Cult" (Korean: 무한재석교) and he becomes the spiritual leader of this false-religion. The official followers are Ha Ha and Noh Hong-chul (from the episode of Season 3, episode 61), and the official motto is "I shall make you laugh" (내가 너희를 웃기게 하리라).
During the New Zealand series, he was caught smuggling pornographic videos during the baggage check, which was hidden by the second host in charge: Park Myung-soo. This sketch was well received by the Korean netizens and Yoo became "Ero Jae-suk." Even now, over seventy episodes later, he still is made fun of for watching pornographic videos which he hadn't watched.
He has also been called "Class-president Yoo" (유 반장) for many episodes of Infinite Challenge, but since "Palace Millionaire" special (Slumdog Millionaire parody, where Infinite Challenge members tour old palaces in Seoul), Yoo has been nicknamed "Delinquent Yoo" (날 유), for having meetings with girls at these palaces back when he was a high school student. This nickname later inspired the creation of Sagging Snail (a duo consisted of Yoo Jae-suk and musician Lee Juck)'s famous song "Apgujeong Nallari" (압구정 날라리), which was featured on "2011 West Coast Highway Music Festival" special
His other nicknames are "An Animal Racer" (짐승 레이서), "A Genius Racer" (천재 레이서), and "Yoomacher" (유 마허), thanks to his excellent driving skills shown during Infinite Challenge's Formula One (F1) special.
Contrary to his usual nice and kind character, Yoo Jae-suk's alter ego, "Manager Yoo" (유 부장), showed an authoritarian, egocentric, and highly discipline character toward the staff of his department during sketch-based "Muhan Company" episodes. Yoo Jae-suk's "Manager Yoo" character itself is quite opposite to the slow-minded, tactless character of "Head of Section Jung" (정 과장) that is portrayed by Jeong Jun-ha, who being older than Manager Yoo. They entered the company together at the same time, but Head of Section Jung has never gotten a promotion before due the his lack of creativity. Manager Yoo's antagonistic nature to Head of Section Jung has showed up occasionally, especially during "Muhan Company Musical" special.
On Family Outing
The instant success of Family Outing was due to the characters' relationships. Two of the most successful character pairings has been "The Nation's siblings" (국민 남매) with Lee Hyo-ri and "Dumb and Dumber" (덤 앤 더머) with Dae-sung of Big Bang. Yoo was the driving force of those two character relationships, as the program's host-in-chief and regular member of the family.
On Running Man
He is often known as "Yooruce Willis" (유르스 윌리스), "Yoomes Bond" or "Grasshopper" in the show. He is considered one of the stronger players, being portrayed as the rival of Kim Jong Kook. He is also known for Yoomes Bond due to his talents in secretly shooting the opponents back with a spray gun.
On TV talk shows
As the main host of two talk shows (Come to Play and Happy Together Season 3), Yoo tries to differentiate his hosting (MC-ing) styles. In Come to Play, he focuses more on guests' episodes, rather than his own (This can be violated when his close friends appear on the show). His remarks and reactions flow even if the guest is new on any kind of variety programs, thus makes Come to Play very heart-warming to watch. Happy Together Season 3 is little bit different in a sense that the setting is much more intimate (in a sauna locker room), and Yoo's ad-libs shine brilliantly.
- List of present programs
- MBC: Infinite Challenge (무한도전) Host (since 2005.04.23)
- KBS2: Happy Together Season 3 (해피 투게더 시즌3) Co-Host (since 2007.6.28)
- SBS: Good Sunday – Running Man (일요일이 좋다 – 런닝맨) Host (since 2010.7.10)
- SBS: Same Bed, Different Dreams (동상이몽; 괜찮아 괜찮아) Host (since 2015.03)
- JTBC: TWO Yoo Project - Finding Sugar Man (투유 프로젝트-슈가맨을 찾아서) Host (since 2015.08)
- List of former programs
- KBS2: I Am a Man (나는 남자다) Co-Host (2014.4.9 ~ 2014.12.19)
- MBC: Yoo Jae-suk & Kim Won-hee's Come to Play (유재석 김원희의 놀러와) Co-Host (2004-2012)
- SBS: Good Sunday – Family Outing (일요일이 좋다 – 패밀리가 떴다 2008.6.15 ~ 2010.2.14) Host
- SBS: Good Sunday – Miracle Contestant (일요일이 좋다 – 기적의 승부사 2007.11.11 ~ 2008.2.3)
- SBS: Good Sunday – Old TV (일요일이 좋다 – 옛날TV, 2007.6.17 ~ 2007.11.04) Host-in-chief
- SBS: Good Sunday – Haja Go! (Let's Do It!) (일요일이 좋다 – 하자고! 2007.4.15 ~ 2007.6.10) Host-in-chief
- SBS: Yoo Jae-suk's Truth Game (유재석의 진실 게임 2005 ~ 2007) Host
- SBS: Real Situation Saturday/Good Sunday – X-Man (실제상황! 토요일/일요일이 좋다 – X맨 2003.11.8 ~ 2006.10.29) Host-in-chief
- KBS2: Happy Together Friends (해피 투게더 프렌즈 2005.5.5 ~ 2007.6.21) Co-Host
- SBS: Good Sunday – New X-Man (일요일이 좋다 – 뉴 X맨 2006.11.5 ~ 2007.4.8) Host-in-chief
- KBS2: Happy Together – Tray Singing Room (Karaoke) (해피 투게더 – 쟁반 노래방 2004 ~ 2005) Co-Host
- KBS: Dangerous Invitation (위험한 초대 2003) Co-Host
- MBC: ! Exclamation Mark – Read a Book! Book! Book! (!느낌표 – 책!책!책을 읽읍시다!) Co-Host
- KBS2: Super TV Enjoy Sunday – Host Big Match (슈퍼TV 일요일은 즐거워 – MC 대격돌) Co-Host
- MBC: Achievable Saturday – Star Survival Donggeodongrak (Live and Fun Together) (목표달성 토요일 – 스타 서바이벌 동거동락 2000–2001) Host
Television stand-up comedian
- 2001 Open Gag Concert
- 2002 Jubilee Gag Concert
- 2002–03 G-Family Gag Concert
- 2004 Gag Family Concert
- 2000–01 KBS Great Friends
- 2005 SBS Banjun Drama
- 2008 MBC Yi San – cameo
- 2009 MBC Queen of Housewives – interviewee/new employee of Queens Food (cameo)
- 2015 SBS The Girl Who Sees Smells – Running Man host (cameo with RM members)
- 2015 MBC My Daughter, Geum Sa-wol – cameo
- 1994 Tyranno's Toenail
- 2008 Bee Movie (Korean dubbing as Barry B. Benson)
- 2009 White Tuft, the Little Beaver (Korean dubbing as narrator & Owl)
Music video appearances
- 2004 Shinnago (신나고) – "Cause' You're Pretty" (이쁘니까)
- 2005 Kang Ho-dong's carol album Oh Happy Day – "Look Out the Window"
- 2009 Future Liger (project group w/ Tiger JK, Tasha) – "Let's Dance"
- 2012 Sagging Snail (처진 달팽이) - "Room Nallari" (방구석 날라리)
- 2012 Psy - "Gangnam Style" (강남스타일)
- 2013 Psy - "Gentleman"
- 2014 Park Ji-yoon - "Beep"
- 2015 Jinusean - "Tell Me One More Time"
- 2000 [KBS] FM Date
- 2000 [MBC] FM Plus
- 2000 [MBC] Lee Hwi-jae's Starry Night (K-Pop Quiz)
- 2001 [MBC] Wishlist Songs Playing at Noon
- 2003 [MBC] A Date at 2 pm
- 2005 [MBC] Wishlist Songs Playing at Noon (Nutrition Tonic Talk Show with Kang Ho-dong)
- 2005 [MBC] Defeat the Boredom
- 2005 [SBS] Haha's Ten Ten Club
- 2005 [SBS] All Thanks to You
- 2006 [MBC] Wishlist Songs Playing at Noon (Nutrition Tonic Talk Show No. 2 with Kang Ho-dong)
- 2006 [MBC] Park Myung-soo's Fun Fun Radio (Summer Special)
- 2006 [SBS] Noh Hong-chul's Our Belated Youthful Days
- 2007 [MBC] Park Myung-soo's Fun Fun Radio (Phone)
- 2007 [MBC] Park Myung-soo's Fun Fun Radio (The Age of a Big Star)
- 2007 [MBC] Yoon Jong-shin's A Date at 2 pm (Stalking)
- 2008 [MBC] Park Myung-soo's A Date at 2 pm (Phone)
- 2008 [MBC] Park Kyung-lim's Starry Night (Phone)
- 2009 [SBS] Song Eun-ee, Shin Bong-sun's Dong Go Dong Rak (with Noh Hong-chul)
- 2014 [MBC] Tablo's Dreaming Radio (Daily DJ)
- 2006 "All You Need Is Love" – with Infinite Challenge members
- 2007 "If I Do It or Not" (하나마나송) – with Noh Hong-chul
- 2007 "Fascination of Samba" (삼바의 매력)- a part of Infinite Challenge Song Festival (강변북로 가요제)
- 2009 "The Family's Day" (패밀리의 하루) – with Family Outing members
- 2009 "Let's Dance" – a part of Infinite Challenge Olympic Road Duet Song Festival with Tiger JK, Tasha (올림픽대로 듀엣 가요제)
- 2011 "Apgujeong Nallari" (압구정 날라리) - a part of Infinite Challenge West Coast Highway Music Festival with Lee Juck
- 2011 "As I Say" (말하는 대로) - a part of Infinite Challenge West Coast Highway Music Festival with Lee Juck
- 2012 "Room Nallari" (방구석 날라리) - Sagging Snail (처진달팽이)
- 2012 "Heat Stroked Seagull" (더위 먹은 갈매기) - with Song Euni (송은이), Kim Suk (김숙) (Arrangement of RockBrain(collaboration of Noh Hong-chul and NoBrain)'s "Heat Stroked Seagull")
- 2013 "Please Don't Go My Girl" - with Yoo Hee-Yul(유희열), Kim Jo-Han (김조한)
- 2013 "Dancing King" (댄스왕) - Yoo Jae-Suk (유재석) feat Yoo Hee-Yul (유희열) (Bonus track for MoohanDojeon Jayuro Music Festival Album)
- 2015 "I'm So Sexy" - Dancing Genome( 댄싱게놈), a part of Infinite Challenge Yeongdong Expressway Music Festival with Park Jin-young.
|1991||Inaugural KBS College Student Gag Competition||Honorable Award||Won|
|2000||MBC Drama Awards||Special Award in Television MC||Won|
|Korea Popular Entertainer Awards||Popular Comedian||Won|
|2002||1st KBS Entertainment Awards||Best Television Presenter||Won|
|2003||2nd KBS Entertainment Awards||Top Excellence Award in Television MC||Won|
|3rd MBC Entertainment Awards||Top Excellence Award in Show/Variety||Won|
|2004||SBS Drama Awards||Special Award in Television MC||Won|
|2005||4th KBS Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (1st Daesang/KBS)||Won|
|2006||18th Korean Broadcasting Producer Awards||Best Television MC||Won|
|42nd Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Male TV Personality||Won|
|Blue Media||Speech Award||Won|
|6th MBC Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (2nd Daesang/1st MBC)||Won|
|2007||7th MBC Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (with Infinite Challenge members) (3rd Daesang/2nd MBC)||Won|
|Mobile Entertainment Awards||Best Television MC||Won|
|2008||2nd Mnet 20's Choice Awards||Hot Variety Star||Won|
|2nd SBS Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (4th Daesang/1st SBS)||Won|
|1st Nickelodeon Korea Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Comedian||Won|
|2009||21st Korean Broadcasting Producer Awards||Best Television MC||Won|
|9th MBC Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (5th Daesang/3rd MBC)||Won|
|3rd SBS Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (with Lee Hyori) (6th Daesang/2nd SBS) ||Won|
|Best Teamwork Award (for Family Outing)||Won|
|2nd Nickelodeon Korea Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Comedian||Won|
|2010||9th KBS Entertainment Awards||Best Teamwork Award (for Happy Together 3)||Won|
|10th MBC Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (7th Daesang/4th MBC)||Won|
|4th SBS Entertainment Awards||Best 10 Entertainers||Won|
|3rd Nickelodeon Korea Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Comedian||Won|
|2011||11th MBC Entertainment Awards||Top Excellence Award in Show/Variety||Won|
|5th SBS Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (8th Daesang/3rd SBS) ||Won|
|4th Nickelodeon Korea Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Comedian||Won|
|2012||12th MBC Entertainment Awards||PD Award||Won|
|6th SBS Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (9th Daesang/4th SBS)||Won|
|Viewers' Favorite TV Personality||Won|
|5th Nickelodeon Korea Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Comedian||Won|
|2013||49th Baeksang Arts Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize)for TV category (10th Daesang)||Won|
|6th Nickelodeon Korea Kids Choice Awards||Favorite Comedian||Won|
|12th KBS Entertainment Awards||Eating Broadcast Award (for Happy Together 3)||Won|
|2014||13th KBS Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (11th Daesang/2nd KBS)||Won|
|14th MBC Entertainment Awards||Daesang (Grand Prize) (12th Daesang/5th MBC)||Won|
|8th SBS Entertainment Awards||Viewer's Choice Most Popular Star Award||Won|
- 1998 OB Lager Beer
- 2000 New Century I-Touch 017
- 2002 Bando Sports
- 2003 Gold Feel
- 2007 Shinhan
- 2007 NeNe Chicken
- 2007 TG Sambo Computer
- 2007 TG Sambo Computer – LUON Crystal
- 2008 Shinhan Group (2nd)
- 2008 NeNe Chicken (2nd)
- 2008 S-Oil
- 2009 Giordano
- 2009 NeNe Chicken (3rd)
- 2009 Shinhan Group (3rd)
- 2010 ABC Mart
- 2013 Home & Shopping
- 2013 Coca-Cola (with other Infinite Challenge members)
- 2007 S/S SFAA Seoul Collection Lie Sang-bong Fashion Show
- 2007 10th Super Korea Cup IDSF Youth Open Dance Sports (Amateur) Jive
- 2008 Participant of Seoul Design Olympic
- 2008 Aerobic 6-Person National Games Event
- 2011 Korean Boat Race Event (for Infinite Challenge "Rowing" specials)
- 2012 "Gangnam Style" by Psy music video with Noh Hong-chul as Yellow man (Infinite Challenge)
- 2012 Asian Dream Cup (charity football match) with Park Ji-Sung & Friends in Thailand (for Running Man)
- 2013 "Gentleman" by Psy music video (with other Infinite Challenge members)
- 2013 Asian Dream Cup (charity football match) with Park Ji-Sung & Friends in China (for Running Man)
- 2014 Asian Dream Cup (charity football match) with Park Ji-Sung & Friends in Indonesia (for Running Man)
- Park, Shin-hong; Lee, Sun-mi (13 June 2013). "With fame comes humility for Yoo Jae-suk". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- "Yoo Named Comedian of the Year". The Korea Times. 21 December 2009. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Yoo Jae-suk MBC's Priciest Entertainer". The Korea Times. 12 October 2009. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Yoo Jae-suk Paid Nearly W1 Billion by MBC in 2008". The Chosun Ilbo. 12 October 2009. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "The rating of Muhan Dojeon renewed again to its highest mark". Star News (in Korean). 26 November 2006. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- Han, Sang-hee (30 December 2009). "Yoo Jae-suk Named Top Entertainer at Year-End Event". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Infinite Challenge Yoo Jae Suk Reveals Feelings On 300th Episode". KDramaStars. 22 October 2012. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- Jeon, Su-mi (31 December 2012). "Yoo Jae Suk Says Goodbye to Come to Play at the MBC Entertainment Awards". Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Yoo Jae-seok and Na Kyung-eun's Wedding". KBS World. 19 July 2008. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- Ho, Stewart (9 February 2012). "Photos from Yoo Jae Suk's Wedding Surface". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- hML "Yoo & Na welcome son". Yonhap (in Korean). 1 May 2010. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Na Kyung-eun Wants to Swap Mic for Maternal Duties". The Chosun Ilbo. 6 August 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Yoo Jae Suk's mushroom hair draws attention". Allkpop. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- 홍세영 (July 16, 2015). 유재석, FNC와 전속계약…정형돈과 한솥밥. Sports DongA (in Korean). Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- 김양수 (November 22, 2015). 유재석, 오늘(22일) '내딸 금사월' 출격…7년만의 연기도전. JoyNews24 (in Korean). Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- "Who are the followers of 'Yu Jae-seok-gyo'?". Y-Star. 2 March 2007. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- http://www.littlebeaver.co.kr (Korean)
- Kang, Seung-hun (31 December 2009). "Yoo Jae-seok, Lee Hyori share grand prize at SBS Entertainment Awards". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- Lee, Nancy (31 December 2011). "Yoo Jae Suk Wins Big, Winners from 2011 SBS Entertainment Awards". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- "Park Myung Soo Wins Grand Prize at 2012 MBC Entertainment Awards". Soompi. 31 December 2012. Retrieved 2013-07-02.