York Catholic District School Board
|York Catholic District School Board|
|320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora, Ontario
All of York Regional Municipality
|Schools||98; 83 elementary, 15 secondary|
|Budget||$CAD 455.5 million (2006-07)|
|Chair of the Board||Carol Cotton|
|Director of Education||Patricia Preston|
The York Catholic District School Board (YCDSB, known as English-language Separate District School Board No. 42 prior to 1999) is the English-language public-separate school district authority for the Regional Municipality of York in Ontario, Canada. Its head office is in Aurora.
The YCDSB operates schools in each of the nine municipalities in York Region. It employs over 3,600 instructional staff to teach over 52,000 students in 83 elementary schools and 15 secondary schools. The school board until 1998 was originally known as the York Region Roman Catholic Separate School Board (YRRCSSB) as an anglophone/francophone school district.
The Instructional Services department is responsible for the development and delivery of the YCDSB curriculum, guided by the following criteria:
- religious education,
- alternative education,
- continuing education,
- co-operative education,
- student assessment, and
- equity in curriculum.
The 83 elementary schools are administered as part of an Elementary School Area; there are five areas in the school board. Each area is administered by a Superintendent of Education, and the schools are divided into two groups, each of which has a Trustee.
The 15 secondary schools are administered as a single group with two Superintendents of Education. Additionally, each school has at least one trustee, and each trustee may serve duties for one or more schools.
The department also has a Superintendent of Curriculum & Assessment and a Superintendent of Education & Student Services.
- York Region District School Board
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud
- Education in Ontario
- List of school districts in Ontario
- List of high schools in Ontario
- "Board Trustees". Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- "Ontario Regulation 107/08". e-Laws. Government of Ontario. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "About York Catholic". York Catholic District School Board. Retrieved 2010-03-06.
- "Superintendents of Education". York Catholic District School Board. Archived from the original on 2007-05-20.
Media related to York Catholic District School Board at Wikimedia Commons