York Entrepreneurship Development Institute
|Industry||Startup accelerator, education|
Number of locations
|4 locations (2019)|
|Marat Ressin, Mickey Blayvas, Oleg Amurjuev|
Number of employees
York Entrepreneurship Development Institute (YEDI) is a venture fund, startup accelerator, Incubator and entrepreneurial community located within York University in North York, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where students, alumni, and academic and business leaders collaborate. The organization was founded in 2013 by businessman Marat Ressin, a native of Russia and has close ties with the Jewish community in Canada. Main Educational facilities of YEDI are located inside the Schulich School of Business complex at York University's Keele campus.
York Entrepreneurship Development Institute is a sector-agnostic start-up supporting organization that provides mentorship to entrepreneurs and not-for-profit organizations. Upon graduation, the entrepreneurs receive formal certification from The Schulich School of Business (York University) or YEDI. The programs of accelerator also assist high potential startups with finding funding.
YEDI holds events aimed at creating connections between members from different industry sectors. Startups and entrepreneurs use the YEDI spaces during their startup programs to make prototypes and have a co-working space located within facilities of York University and YEDI's partners.
Partnerships and events
YEDI is a general partner of Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association. In March 2016 YEDI partnered with israeli Ariel University to share its methodology with students through an intensive two-week business acceleration program that was launched for the first time on August 7, 2016. In 2018 Plekhanov Russian University of Economics opened Joint Department of International Finance and Economics of Small Business Development with YEDI
- "York Entrepreneurship Development Institute Accelerator". StartUp HERE Toronto. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "TWO YEARS IN, ONTARIO BUSINESS ACCELERATOR SEEN AS A WORLD LEADER". Canadian Jewish News (CJN). November 27, 2015. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "York Entrepreneurship Development Institute". Crunchbase Inc. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "About Us". YEDI: York Entrepreneurship Development Institute.
- "Eligibility criteria". YEDI VC Fund. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "YEDI Opens Not-for-Profit Applications and Holds Social Media Marketing Workshop Event". StartUp HERE Toronto. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "York Entrepreneurship Development Institute launches 80,000 sq ft. Business Acceleration Campus". Cision Canada.
- "Dr. Marat Ressin at pioneersforchange.ca".
- "YEDI president receives Pioneer of Change award". Schulich School of Business York University.
- "YEDI now a designated business incubator for Start-Up Visa Program". Schulich School of Business York University.
- "List of designated organizations – start up visa, Business incubators". Government of Canada's digital presence.
- "Ryerson, U of T, York startup launchpads ranked among top university business incubators, accelerators". CBC/Radio-Canada. February 25, 2018. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
- "Entrepreneurial spirit is thriving at Canada's postsecondary campuses". The Globe and Mail.
- "CANADIAN BUSINESS ACCELERATOR LAUDED AS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD". Canadian Jewish News.
- "Meet Our Members". Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association. pp. search by YEDI keyword.
- "Sharing Innovation: Renowned Canadian accelerator graduates first cohort at Ariel University". The Times of Israel. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "Ariel University's Summer Business School (AUSBS) program". Ariel University.
- "Academic Department of Global Finance and Small Business Development by York Entrepreneurship Development Institute (Canada)". Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.