York Memorial Collegiate Institute
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|York Memorial Collegiate Institute|
2690 Eglinton Avenue West|
Silverthorn, Toronto, Ontario, M6M 1T9
|School type||Public, high school|
Macte Nova Virtute|
(Go Forth With New Strength)
Toronto District School Board|
(Board of Education for the City of York)
|Area trustee||Chris Tonks|
|School number||6697 / 954683|
|Team name||York Memorial Mustangs|
York Memorial Collegiate Institute (York Memorial CI, YMCI, York Memorial, or Memo) is a public secondary school that is part of the Toronto District School Board in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and is located at 2690 Eglinton Avenue West, at the corner of Eglinton Ave. W. and Trethewey Drive. The school is often referred to as "Memo" by its students.
York Memorial Collegiate Institute opened on January 30, 1930.
York Memorial has Roadmap to University with Success with Honours (RUSH) and Advanced Placement (AP) programs. The RUSH program is an enrichment program that trains students for the full AP program. AP courses are offered in a wide variety of subjects.
There is also a Pre-Advanced Placement program (10 English, 11 Biology, 11 Physics, 11 Chemistry) which students attend in grades 10 to 11 before taking the AP program in grade 12.
- Samantha Bee – Comedian, The Daily Show correspondent'
- Dave Devall – Retired weatherman
- D-Sisive – rapper
- Harry Sinden – Former Boston Bruins' president
- Gail Kim – WWE Wrestler/diva and TNA Knockout
- Alan Tonks – Canadian former Liberal MP
- Official website
- TDSB Profile
- "York Memorial Collegiate Institute School profile" (PDF). Toronto District School Board. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "York Memorial Collegiate Institute" (PDF). Tdsb.on.ca. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- Library webpage
- Computer studies at York Memorial
- CBC archives: Recording of Runnymede Collegiate Institute versus York Memorial Collegiate on the radio quiz show "I.Q.".
- Our Heritage
- York Memorial Collegiate Institute on TOBuilt