York Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|York Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
Location of York Township in Fulton County
|• Total||42.17 sq mi (109.23 km2)|
|• Land||42.11 sq mi (109.07 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.16 km2)|
|Elevation||719 ft (219 m)|
|• Density||98/sq mi (38.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086131|
York Township is one of the twelve townships of Fulton County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 4,145, of whom 1,678 lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Pike Township - north
- Fulton Township - northeast corner
- Swan Creek Township - east
- Washington Township, Henry County - southeast corner
- Liberty Township, Henry County - south
- Freedom Township, Henry County - southwest corner
- Clinton Township - west
- Dover Township - northwest corner
Much of the village of Delta is located in northeastern York Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), York township, Fulton County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Remainder of York township, York township, Fulton County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Mikesell, Thomas (1905). The County of Fulton: A History of Fulton County, Ohio, from the Earliest Days, with Special Chapters on Various Subjects. Whipporwill Publications. p. 177.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.