York park and ride
|Parent||City of York Council|
|Service type||Park & ride|
|Destinations||York City Centre, York Designer Outlet, Monks Cross, York Minster, Coppergate|
|Hubs||York City Centre|
|Stations||Rawcliffe Bar, Askham Bar, York Designer Outlet, Grimston Bar, Monks Cross, Poppleton Bar|
|Fleet||Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse
Mercedes-Benz Citaro O530G
The first park & ride site was established on Tadcaster Road in 1990. Since then it has expanded and today six routes operate. It has been operated by First York under contract to the City of York Council since the late 1990s. In June 2016, the contract was put up for tender. However none of the bids met the council's expectations, resulting in First York being granted a 12 month extension until January 2018 with a fresh tender process to commence.
The services run very frequently, with buses every 10 minutes. There are six coloured routes, forming part of the standard First York services. The service operates with a flat fare between all park and ride car parks and the city centre, and offering regular tickets and day tickets, which are valid for use on all First York services.
Services are operated by a combination of 2008 Wright Eclipse Volvo B7RLEs, 2009 Mercedes-Benz Citaro O530G articulated buses and 2014/15 electric Optare Versas. The previous Wright Eclipse Fusion bodied Volvo B7LAs have left the fleet.
Buses previously operated in a modified version of First York's white, blue and pink livery before a silver livery was adopted.
- Fully electric York park-and-ride site means network now UK's largest Archived 31 January 2016 at the Wayback Machine. RouteOne 18 June 2014
- Maps York Park & Ride
- First awarded Park & Ride contract for a further three years Travel York 16 August 2013
- Tender process opens to bid for York's Park & Ride service contract Travel York 16 June 2016
- Tender launched for York's park and ride Bus & Coach Professional 17 June 2016
- Park & Ride extension agreed The Press 14 October 2016
- Park and Ride City of York Council
- Electric Versas for York - First operating six Optare Versa EVs on new Park and Ride Bus & Coach Buyer 20 June 2014
- More Versa EVs for York P+R Bus & Coach Buyer 26 May 2015
- More electric Versas for York Optare 19 May 2015
Media related to First York at Wikimedia Commons