Yorkdale Bus Terminal
|Location||1 Yorkdale Road
|Bus operators|| GO Bus
|Connections|| Yorkdale (TTC)
|Parking||Shopping centre parking only|
|Station code||GO Transit: YKDL|
Yorkdale Bus Terminal is located at 1 Yorkdale Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It occupies the lowest level of an office building adjacent to Yorkdale Shopping Centre and is connected directly to Yorkdale subway station by a pedestrian bridge.
Its creation was announced by James Snow, the Ontario Minister of Transportation and Communications, in March 1977. Construction of the station started soon after, and was expected to be completed by late 1977.
The bus terminal is strategically located, in the middle of what was formerly the City of North York, at Allen Road on the south side of Highway 401, the main transportation artery across the Greater Toronto Area. This is ideal for providing GO Transit commuter bus services to points east and west of the city and long-distance intercity coach connections by Ontario Northland and Greyhound. When it opened on October 12, 1979, it was a hub for Gray Coach interurban bus service and, until 2000, for the Toronto Airport Express bus service originally operated by Gray Coach and, after 1993, by Pacific Western Transportation.
Because of the office building directly above the terminal, there is a severe height restriction within the terminal, and this prevents GO Transit from operating their current fleet of double-decker buses into the terminal.
- Platform designations
- 1 - Greyhound northbound to Sudbury, Sault Ste Marie, Thunder Bay, Winnipeg and Western Canada
- 2 - GO Bus eastbound to York Mills/Finch (All services except Route 94)
- 3 - GO Bus northbound seasonal service to Wonderland
- 4 - GO Bus westbound Route 19 Hwy 403 Service to Square One/Oakville
- 5 - GO Bus eastbound Route 92 Hwy 2 Express Service to Scarborough/Oshawa
- 6 - GO Bus northbound Route 66 Newmarket Hwy 400 Service
- 7 - GO Bus westbound Route 27 Milton Hwy 401 Service, and westbound Route 33 Brampton/Georgetown/Guelph
- 8 - GO Bus northwest Route 35 Hwy 27 Service to Bramalea/Brampton
- 9 - GO Bus westbound Route 34 Brampton Local Service via the Airport, and northbound Route 38 Bolton Service
- 10 - Spare
- 11 - PMCL (Greyhound) northbound to Barrie, Orillia, Casino Rama, Gravenhurst, Collingwood, Owen Sound, Midland, Penetang
- 12 - Tai Pan Vacation northbound to Casino Rama
- 13 - Ontario Northland northbound to North Bay/Timmins, northbound to Parry Sound/Sudbury and Express service to North Bay
Local bus connections
Bus stop is located on the west side of Yorkdale Road to the north of the terminal.
- "Yorkdale Bus Terminal— BUS TERMINAL". GO Transit. Retrieved April 2014.
- "TTC - Existing Yorkdale Station, North Entrance" (PDF). Lawrence-Allen Revitalization. City of Toronto. 28 April 2011. Retrieved April 2014.
- "TATOA to get Finch terminal". The Era. 2 March 1977. p. B02. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "GO Transit Bus Terminal". Trains & Buses. Ontario Northland. Archived from the original on April 7, 2014. Retrieved April 2014.
- "Greyhound Terminal, Yorkdale". Locations. Greyhound.ca. Retrieved April 2014.
- "Route 47". Toronto Transit Commission. Retrieved April 2014.
- "360 Vaughan Express" (PDF). York Region Transit. 1 September 2013. Retrieved April 2014.
Media related to Yorkdale Bus Terminal at Wikimedia Commons