This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Yorktel is an Eatontown, New Jersey-based video managed services company that provides professional services for the assessment, design, integration, and management of video and audio communications. The company is recognized for its expertise in video interoperability, cloud solutions, and managed services, as well as for providing high performance legacy video systems to large organizations.
Yorktel’s government customers include the United States Department of Energy (DOE), the US Treasury, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the United States Department of Justice (DOJ), the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, and US Marines. The company’s technology partners include Cisco, Polycom, Vidyo, Microsoft, Radvision/Avaya, LifeSize, Acano, Pexip, Prysm, Crestron and others.
Yorktel oversees high-functioning and customizable video systems with more than 16,000 room-system endpoints in 84 countries. It has offices in New Jersey, Virginia, Massachusetts, New York, Washington, D.C., the UK, France and Ireland. It has data centers in New Jersey, the United Kingdom, and Singapore.
Ron Gaboury serves as the company’s current CEO; Judi Pulig is CFO, Bin Guan is Chief Technology Officer and Joe-E Hu is Chief Information Officer.
Yorktel was founded in 1985 by Dr. York Wang as a company called York Telecom. Dr. Wang holds a Ph.D. in solid-state physics from the University of Missouri and a specialist certificate in quantum electronics from the University of California. Dr. Wang was recognized in 2009 as Ernst & Young’s "Entrepreneur of the Year" for entrepreneurial excellence in the category of technology.
Ron Gaboury joined Yorktel in 1995 as the chief financial officer (CFO) and later assumed the role of chief operating officer (COO). He went on to become the company’s chief executive officer in 2011.
In April 2012, the company shortened its name to Yorktel. Also in that year, Yorktel acquired First Connections, a UK company with a presence in Ireland specializing in many of the same video conferencing capabilities. First Connections consolidated offices with Yorktel’s existing Windsor, Berkshire office in 2013. In 2014, the company acquired two more organizations; Expedite, located in the US, and MultiSense, a UK-based firm with a specialty in Telehealth.
The company has sustained continuous growth both financially (approximately $140M in 2015 revenue) and in staffing (420 global staff, in addition to 750 Partner employees). It is recognized by industry analysts as a key player in video conferencing and managed services. In 2014 Frost & Sullivan ranked Yorktel third in market share for Hosted Managed Services in North America. Yorktel recently earned Commercial Integrator magazine's Integrator of the Year at the end of 2015.
Yorktel is a certified Minority-owned business and holds multiple state and Federal government contracts, including a NASA SEWP V contract for video. It holds ISO 27001 certification for international security standards.
Yorktel serves government agencies and enterprise businesses in various sectors, helping them to incorporate video conferencing, streaming video, and networking into their day-to-day operations. In 2012, Yorktel was recognized by Systems Contractor News as the sixth largest systems integrator in the United States and Canada.
Yorktel Media Services provides a range of professional media services for the creation, production, and distribution of audio and video communications. Yorktel maintains over 15 top level certifications with for several companies. The company also offers the following services:
- Professional Services, including network and business use assessments, system design, integration approach recommendations, user training and adoption services
- Media Services, including video streaming, digital signing, video and event production. This division has won numerous awards, including an Emmy and multiple Telly awards.
- Integration Services, including videoconferencing solutions, customized options, and unified communications.
- Cloud Services, including protocol support, mobility and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), public cloud and private cloud, economic value, personalized service, and cost structures tailored to business needs. In 2014, Univago, a video platform-as-a-service, was launched.
- Managed Services, including end-to-end video management, call launching and troubleshooting, on-site staffing & tech support, centralized scheduling, reporting, and incident management. Yorktel has Video Network Operations Centers in New Jersey and in Basingstoke, UK.
- Telehealth, including telehealth carts, wall systems and mobile kits.
Awards and recognition
Yorktel has received a variety of awards for its customer service, growth, and business management:
- Commercial Integrator's 2015 Integrator of the Year
- Emmy Award, Media Services (2015
- MSP Mentor 501, ranked #106 (2015)
- SmartCEO, Blue Chip Innovator Category (2014)
- 3rd in market share, Frost & Sullivan's Hosted Managed Services in North America (2014)
- CRN Solution Provider 500, top tier each year
- Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award, North American Video Conferencing Services Product Line Strategy Leadership (2014)
- Telly Awards, Silver Winner (2014)
- Videographer Awards; 3 Categories: Motion Graphics, Non-Profit, Tribute (2014 and 2015)
- Commercial Integrator's Industry Leaders (Corporate and Government Markets categories) (2014)
- Yorktel received Frost & Sullivan’s North American CSP Videoconferencing Services “Customer Value Enhancement Award” in 2011.
- Yorktel also received the Telepresence and Videoconferencing Insight Editors Award in 2011 under the category of “Videoconferencing Reseller of the Year”.
- National System Contractor Association (NSCA) 2013 Excellence in Business Award.
- Yorktel ranked 6th in SCN’s Top 50 Integrator 2012 and maintain presence in each subsequent year.
- In 2012, Yorktel was ranked as one of the 2012 NJBIZ Top Minority Owned Companies.
- In September 2011, Yorktel was recognized in the list of Inc. 500 Top Companies in New Jersey.
- "Yorktel Honored as Top Systems Integrator by Systems Contractor News". PRWeb. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Clancy, Heather. "Yorktel sharpens focus on cloud video services". ZDNet. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Avaya, Siemens, Polycom Make UC, Video Moves at Enterprise Connect". eWeek. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "NSCA Honors Yorktel for Exemplary Business Strategies". Telecom Reseller. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Does Videoconferencing Replace Business Travel? CBC Interview with David Phillips of Yorktel (video)". Investor.com. YouTube.com. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Carberry, Sonja. "Rock-Solid Business Strategy Helps Tech Products Glow". Investors.com. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel unveils Yorktel VideoCloud at EnterpriseConnect". NJTC TechWire. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Yorktel To Showcase Media Solutions Portfolio At GovComm12 Expo; CTO To Present, 'Build Infrastructure to Support Collaboration Participation'". Business Solutions. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel Taps Dan Missbrenner to Lead West Coast Operations". SF Gate. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel to Speak at ITEXPO East in Miami". TelecomReseller. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel to Speak at ITEXPO East in Miami". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Entrepreneur Of The Year". Ernst & Young. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "People On the Move – January 28, 2013". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel To Exhibit, Speak, Sponsor Enterprise Connect® 2013 In Orlando". Business Solutions. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Weinschenk, Carl. "Good Days for Videoconferencing". IT Business Edge. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel presenta nuevo VideoCloud ™ Video Conferencia Servicios Portafolio". mCommerce News. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel Unveils New VideoCloud Video Conferencing Services Portfolio". The Cloud. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Fabrikant, Mel. "Yorktel Unveils New VideoCloud™ Video Conferencing Services Portfolio". The Paramus Post. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Yorktel Unveils New VideoCloud™ Video Conferencing Services Portfolio". Telepresence Options. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- Pleasant, Robbie. "Yorktel Reveals VideoCloud Portfolio". MSP Today. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Yorktel Taps Dan Missbrenner to Lead West Coast Operations". Digital Signage Connection. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "UC Strategies: Yorktel's Hosted Video Conferencing Integrates with Lync and Office 365". Lync News. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel's Hosted Video Conferencing Integrates with Lync and Office 365". Conferencing News. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Yorktel claims first for integration with Lync and Office 365". VC Insight. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Panettieri, Joe. "Yorktel VideoCloud Offers Office 365, Lync Integration". Talkin' Cloud. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel's VideoCloud Integrates With Microsoft Lync, Office 365". Channel Partners. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Seals, Tara. "Yorktel Rolls Out VideoCloud Hosted Conferencing". Channel Vision. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel's Hosted Video Conferencing Integrates with Lync and Office 365". Unified Communications Strategies. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Yorktel Awards". Yorktel. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- "CI Integrator of the Year".
- "Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards". Frost & Sullivan. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "TP&VC Insight Awards 2011". TP&VC Insight. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Lidstone, Rory. "Yorktel Receives NSCA's Excellence in Business Award". MSP Today. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "SCN's Top 50 Systems Integrators of 2012". AVNetwork. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Best of the Inc. 5000". Inc. Retrieved 6 April 2013.