Yorktown Township, Henry County, Illinois
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||35.68 sq mi (92.4 km2)|
|• Land||35.68 sq mi (92.4 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||422|
|• Density||12.1/sq mi (4.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||61234, 61250, 61277, 61283|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.68 square miles (92.4 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Aliceville at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Prophetstown Township, Whiteside County (north)
- Tampico Township, Whiteside County (northeast)
- Fairfield Township, Bureau County (east)
- Gold Township, Bureau County (southeast)
- Alba Township (south)
- Atkinson Township (southwest)
- Loraine Township (west)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Hooppole and Saint Marys.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Annawan Community Unit School District 226
- Geneseo Community Unit School District 228
- Prophetstown-Lyndon-Tampico Community Unit School District 3
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 90
- State Senate District 45
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles[permanent dead link]
- "Yorktown Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.