Yorkville High School
|Yorkville High School|
|Location||797 Game Farm Road
Yorkville, Illinois, USA
Yorkville High School, or YHS, is a public four-year high school located in Yorkville, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. It is part of Yorkville Community Unit School District 115.
Yorkville dates back to 1893, and opened up a new building in 1998. The current main campus building was built on the former Illinois State Game Farm, which raised pheasants and other gaming birds. The Yorkville High School Academy opened in the fall of 2008 for Freshmen students.
In 2005, Yorkville had an average composite ACT score of 20.4, and graduated 97.2% of its senior class. The average class size is 20.5. Yorkville has not made Adequate Yearly Progress on the Prairie State Achievement Examination, a state test part of the No Child Left Behind Act.
Yorkville athletes compete in a range of sports, including but not limited to:
- Cross Country 
- Football 
Dennis Hastert was Yorkville's head wrestling coach from the program's first season in 1973 until his departure in 1980. During his tenure as head coach, The Foxes won district four of seven seasons, including a state championship in the 1975-76 school year. Yorkville also won back-to-back state championships in wrestling under Coach Bob Long in the 92-93 and 93-94 school years.
The girls cross country team won four straight Class 2A state championships from 2011 to 2014 and the boys team won the state championship in 2013 and 2014 after finishing 3rd in 2012 .
Beyond sports, Yorkville has a range of clubs and activities in which to participate. Some of these include:
- Art Club
- Future Educators of America
- Key Club
- Math Team
- National Honor Society
- Newspaper 
- Speech Team
- Student Council
- Technology Student Association (TSA)
- Teens Reaching Youth (TRY)
- Students Acting for the Environment (SAFE)
- World-wide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE)
- Videogame Club
Famous alumni or affiliated persons
- Jon Blackman - Tight End/Left Tackle who played in the NFL and defunct XFL
- Dennis "Denny" Hastert - Former U.S. Representative and Speaker of the House, taught and coached students at YHS
- Mike Radja - Professional ice hockey player, class of 2003
- Andy Richter - Comedian, actor and writer, class of 1984
- Illinois School Report Card
- Draper, Coach. "Yorkville Track and Field". Yorkville Track and Field. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "Yorkville High School Football". Yorkvillefootball.com. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- IHSA Season Summaries
- "Yorkville Season Summaries". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 11 January 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Yorkville High School Videogame Club