Yorkville High School
|Yorkville High School|
|797 Game Farm Road
|School district||Yorkville Community Unit School District 115|
Yorkville High School, or YHS, is a public four-year high school located in Yorkville, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. It is part of Yorkville Community Unit School District 115.
Yorkville dates back to 1893, and opened up a new building in 1998. The current main campus building was built on the former Illinois State Game Farm, which raised pheasants and other game birds. The Yorkville High School Academy opened in the fall of 2008 for Freshmen students.
In 2005, Yorkville had an average composite ACT score of 20.4, and graduated 97.2% of its senior class. Yorkville has not made Adequate Yearly Progress on the Prairie State Achievement Examination, a state test part of the No Child Left Behind Act.
Yorkville competes in the Northern Illinois Big 12 Conference and Illinois High School Association. It used to compete in the Western Sun Conference, The Little Seven Conference, and the Suburban Prairie Conference. Its mascot is the Foxes.
Yorkville athletes compete in a range of sports, including:
Beyond sports, Yorkville has a range of clubs and activities in which to participate. These include:
- Art Club
- Future Educators of America
- Key Club
- Math Team
- National Honor Society
- Newspaper 
- Speech Team
- Student Council
- Technology Student Association (TSA)
- Teens Reaching Youth (TRY)
- Students Acting for the Environment (SAFE)
- World-wide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE)
- Videogame Club
- Jon Blackman - Tight End/Left Tackle who played in the NFL and defunct XFL, class of 1993
- Dennis "Denny" Hastert - Former U.S. Representative and Speaker of the House, taught and coached here
- Mike Radja - Professional ice hockey player, class of 2003
- Andy Richter - Comedian, actor and writer, class of 1984
- "About Our School District" (Archived 2015-06-08 at WebCite). Yorkville Community Unit School District 115. Retrieved on June 9, 2015.
- Illinois School Report Card[permanent dead link]
- "IHSA". ihsa.org. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- http://www.yorkville.k12.il.us/schools/foxtales/index.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Yorkville Videogame Club". yhscs.us. Retrieved 30 April 2016.