Yoseob in 2016
January 5, 1990|
Seoul, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||Yang Yo-seop|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Concerts
- 6 Awards & nominations
- 7 Music awards
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Yoseob was born in Seoul, South Korea on January 5, 1990, in a small family with one older sister, Yang Hae Yeon. He first gained interest in music and started practicing singing after listening to Brian McKnight's music. He then listened to a lot of music of a similar style, but he realized that he couldn't be biased towards a certain genre and started listening to dance music and rock as well. When he was in high school, he joined a school band where he performed a lot of hard rock and metal during their performances. Yoseob actually wanted to try modern rock; however, his seniors at that time said that it would ruin the mood and ultimately not be a success.
Yoseob became a JYP Entertainment trainee, but left after receiving a bad grade from practice reviews. He moved agencies, to M Boat Entertainment (a former sister company of YG Entertainment) where he was trained for five years before transferring to Cube Entertainment where he became a member of Beast. While still a trainee at Cube Entertainment, he became a backup dancer for AJ, his soon-to-be group member and former high school friend, now known as Lee Gi Kwang, in the music videos and live performances of "Wiping the Tears" and "Dancing Shoes".
Yoseob is the main vocalist of Beast. He released a digital single together with Dalmatian's Daniel titled "First Snow and First Kiss"  and participated in singing original sound tracks (OSTs) for various Korean dramas such as "Happy Birthday" for More Charming by the Day and "I Cherish That Person" for My Princess. and "Loving You" – for All My Love. Yoseob has also participated in various TV shows, including KBS's "Oh! My School".
Yang Yoseob attended Dong-ah Institute of Media and Arts, formerly known as Dong-Ah Broadcasting College, and graduated in 2014.
The group has released two studio albums, eight Korean mini-albums and various singles. Yang Yo Seob is the main vocalist of Beast.
Along with fellow Beast member Junhyung, MC Lee Hyukjae, Moon Heejun (formerly of H.O.T.) and Kim Sook, Yang welcomed Japanese tourists for the "Visit Seoul 2010" campaign, where Korean celebrities and Japanese tourists explored Seoul through MBC's Star Guide Doshiraku to boost visibility of Seoul's famous landmarks and cuisine. On July 16, 2010, Yang participated in the official soundtrack of the Korean drama More Charming By The Day as part of its promotional campaign, with the song "Happy Birthday".
On November 29, 2010, Yoseob released a digital single together with Dalmatian's Daniel titled "First Snow and First Kiss". Both were friends from their trainee years at M Boat Entertainment and had released a UCC series, "To Pick On Mr. Daniel", which became a hot topic when it was selected as number one amongst the weekly TOP 5 UCCs by a sports newspaper. He also became a permanent cast member on KBS's Oh! My School (a.k.a. 100 Points out of 100), along with other idols such as MBLAQ's Lee Joon, Secret's Hyoseong, T-ara's Soyeon, Miss A's Min, and Simon Dominic.
Yoseob was cast in his first musical as Ji Yong in Kwang Hwa Moon Love Song. The musical started its performances on March 20, 2011, and ended on April 10, 2011. He also contributed to the soundtrack of My Princess, with the song "Cherish That Person" which was released on February 7, 2011. On May 1, 2011, KBS announced plans of creating a new singing variety program featuring an all idol cast titled Immortal Songs 2 – Sing the Legends; Yang was one of the artists cast in the original line-ups. He received first place on the show's pilot episode with his performance of "Omma (엄마, lit. Mother)", which helped silence the critics that had dismissed his singing abilities as just a hype. However, on June 8, 2011, the show announced that Yoseob would leave the show due to his conflicting overseas promotions schedule with Beast. He expressed that although he felt extremely stressed competing against his peers, he felt regret having to leave. Yoseob said "when we decided on the withdrawal, I did feel some relief. It was too nerve-wracking and burdensome. However, at the same time, I felt regret. I don't think I was able to show my all. If another opportunity came by to be on the show again, I would definitely take it. I think I will. I want to show different sides of myself."
Yoseob was featured in Bang Yong-guk's first solo track, "I Remember" which was jointly composed by Bang Yong-guk and One Way's Chance. The track has gained a lot of interest from netizens and become a hot topic. However, Yoseob was not able to sing "I Remember" with Bang Yongguk live.
On September 27, 2011, KBS's 'Poseidon' released part one of their original soundtrack series which featured Yoseob's vocals. His song, "No", was a collaboration piece between Rado (of Huh Gak's "Hello") and production duo Ji In and Wontag, the men behind MBLAQ's latest releases. The song features sorrowful lyrics of a man who has no choice but to let go of his lover.
Yoseob released his solo album on November 26, 2012. All dive songs were produced by fellow band member, Jun Hyung, including the title song, "Caffeine". A music video for "Caffeine" was released two days later, on November 28. A music video for his song "Even then, I" was released on February 14, 2013, as a valentines gift for his fans.
Yoseob has been chosen as one of the judges and coaches in Mnet The Voice Korea Kids or Voice Kids for short. The contestants will all be children between the ages of 6–14 years. He was also chosen as the most desired coach by the contestants of Voice Kids.
Yoseob is joining MBC's I Live Alone, a real-variety show that showcases the daily lives of single celebrities (men) who live alone.
Yoseob is leaving I Live Alone in which he received much love as the youngest member of the show after a short six months on broadcast due to his responsibilities and schedules as a member of BEAST. He said that due to BEAST's Japan Tour 2014, along with BEAST's upcoming comeback planned to be in April 2014, he would be unable to participate in the show.
It was announced in March 2014 that Yoseob would be participating in the musical-remake of the 2004 hit romantic comedy drama series Full House as the lead character Lee Young Jae. The musical will be on stage in April 2014.
- The First Collage (2012)
- 白 (White) (2018)
|2009||Beast Is the B2ST||BEAST||"Beast Is the B2ST"||Yes||BEAST||No||Shin Sa Dong Tiger, Choi Gyu Seong|
|"Bad Girl"||Yes||BEAST, Lee Sang Ho, Shin Sa Dong Tiger||No||Lee Sang Ho, Shin Sa Dong Tiger|
|2010||My Story||BEAST (Yoseob & Junhyung)||"Thank To"||Yes||Yong Jun-hyung||Yes||Yong Jun-hyung, Shinsadong|
|2016||Highlight||BEAST||"Practice"||Yes||Yong Jun-hyung, Gyuberlake||Yes||Gyuberlake|
|BEAST (Yoseob Solo)||"Come Out"||Yes||Gyuberlake||Yes|
|2017||Can You Feel It?||HIGHLIGHT||"Beginning"||Yes||Yong Jun-hyung, Gyuberlake||Yes|
|The Emperor: Owner of the Mask OST||Yoseob||"The Tree"||Yes||Gyuberlake||Yes|
|2018||白 (White)||"Where I Am Gone"||Yes||Yes|
|"Beginning (Solo ver.)"||Yes||Yes|
|2013||Mnet||The Voice Kids – Korea||Judge/Coach||Himself|
|MBC||I Live Alone||Cast||Episode 28-45|
|2015||tvN||Let's Eat with Friends||Cast|
|2012||KBS2||My Daughter Seo-young||Yang Yo-seob||Cameo – Episode 25|
|2015||tvN||Let's Eat 2||Yang Yo-seob||Cameo – Episode 16|
|2011||Gwanghwamun Sonata||Ji Yong||Lead Role|
|2013||Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat||Joseph|
|2014||Full House||Lee Young-jae|
|2015||Robin Hood||Prince Philip|
|2017||Those Day||Moo Young|
|2018||Yang Yoseob's Dreaming Radio||MBC FM4U|
- 2018 YANG YOSEOB Solo Concert <白> - Kyunghee University Grand Peace Palace, Seoul (June 16–17, 2018)
Awards & nominations
Golden Ticket Awards
|2012||Himself||Musical Rising Star Award||Won|
|2013||"Caffeine"||Best Dance Performance – Male Solo||Nominated|
SBS MTV Best of the Best
|2013||"Caffeine"||Best Male Artist||Won|
|2018||February 27||"Where I Am Gone"|
- Mark Russell (April 29, 2014). K-Pop Now!: The Korean Music Revolution. Tuttle Publishing. p. 52. ISBN 978-1-4629-1411-1.
- "BEAST│My Name is..." 10Asia (in Korean). Retrieved November 17, 2009.
- 비스트 이기광 "'하이킥' 촬영, 멤버들에게 미안하기도"(인터뷰) – 손에 잡히는 뉴스 눈에 보이는 뉴스 – 뉴스엔 (in Korean). Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- "Dalmatian's Drama & BEAST'S Yoseob join together for a 'Kiss', in their Digital Single". Daum News (in Korean). November 26, 2010. Retrieved November 28, 2010.
- "BEAST's Yang Yoseob takes part in 'More Charming By the Day' OST". Newsen (in Korean). July 17, 2010. Retrieved September 18, 2010.
- "Beast's Yang Yoseob supports Lee Kikwang's "My Princess" with the OST "I Cherish That Person"". Newsen (in Korean). February 7, 2011. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- ""Visit Seoul 2010" Korean Stars and Japanese tourists explore Seoul in MBC's Star Guide Doshiraku". East-01 (in Japanese). January 5, 2010. Retrieved February 5, 2010.
- "'100 points out of 100' Yang Yoseob, "I'm Kikwang and Doojoon's friend" witty PR causes laughter". Review Star (in Korean). January 15, 2011. Archived from the original on February 22, 2011. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- "BEAST Yang Yoseob takes on a musical". ENS (in Korean). February 25, 2011. Retrieved May 20, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "KBS will be making a new idol singer competition program". Naver (in Korean). April 29, 2011. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- "Yang Yoseob regrets leaving 'Immortal Songs 2′". Newsen (in Korean). June 17, 2011. Retrieved June 18, 2011.
- "BEAST's Yoseob leaves 'Immortal Songs 2'..Which idol singers are coming up?". Nate (in Korean). June 8, 2011. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- "allkpop.com" (in Korean).
- Heartthrobs Rule the Korean Stage
- "'V앱' 양요섭 "6월 16·17일 솔로 콘서트" 깜짝 발표". mydaily. 2018-05-14. Retrieved 2018-05-14.
- "2011 Golden Ticket Awards". Interpark. January 19, 2012. Archived from the original on January 11, 2012. Retrieved January 19, 2012.
- "B2ST's Yoseob wins #1 + performances from January 3rd's episode of 'M! Countdown'!". allkpop. January 3, 2013. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yang Yo-seob.|