September 25, 1977
The Tale of Princess Kaguya|
When Marnie Was There
Yoshiaki Nishimura (西村 義明 Nishimura Yoshiaki, born September 25, 1977 in Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese lead film producer formerly of Studio Ghibli and founder of the company Studio Ponoc. He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in 2014 for The Tale of Princess Kaguya and received a consecutive Oscar nomination at the 88th Academy Awards for When Marnie Was There in same category.
- 2004: Howl's Moving Castle (film)
- 2013: The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
- 2013: The Tale of Princess Kaguya
- 2014: When Marnie Was There
- 2017: Mary and the Witch's Flower
- "Ghibli Producer Yoshiaki Nishimura Works at New Studio". animenewsnetwork.com. June 16, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- Keegan, Rebecca (January 9, 2015). "Oscars 2015: Academy to announce nominations in all 24 categories live". Los Angeles Times. Austin Beutner. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- Coggan, Devan (January 13, 2016). "John Krasinski, Guillermo del Toro, Ang Lee to announce Oscar nominations". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Ford, Rebecca (January 14, 2016). "Oscar Nominations: The Complete List". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
|This article about a Japanese film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|