Yoshida dormitory, Kyoto University
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Please add Japanese script to this article, where needed.|
The community agreed to create the dormitory with the student body taking administrative responsibility. The high student activism continued up until it met conflict with university authorities in 1971.[clarification needed]
In June 2009, Kyoto University authorities proposed a plan for the partial demolition of the old dormitory to increase on-campus living capacity. The proposal was controversial.[why?] In October 2009, an informal debate was held between university authorities and the community, leading to the demise or the proposal.[clarification needed]
Yoshida Dormitory Festival
The Yoshida Dormitory Festival is one of the largest of the many events at Kyoto University. It is held in May every year and is open to external participants. Among its events are the Kamogawa Race, in which participants run from Sanzyō Big Bridge to Demachiyanagi via Kamo River, preceded by a costume party and river swim.
The Yoshida dormitory consists of 120 Japanese-style rooms and has a kitchen, showers, bathrooms, laundry rooms, common rooms, and a vegetable garden.
- Yoshidaryo: Japan's most famously decrepit dormitory
- 吉田寮 改築 予算 見通し立たず 商店 は 品等 と 食堂. (2009, June 1). Kyoto University Press. Retrieved from: [July 3, 2014].
- 吉田寮 建て替え提案 白紙に. (n.d.). Kyoto University Press. Retrieved: [http://www.kyoto-up.org/archives/87 吉田寮 建て替え提案白紙に [July 3, 2014]
- Yoshida dormitory festival Committee. (2014, June 7). The summary of Hitch race 2014 Retrieved: [July 17, 2014].
- Itoken (2009, July 7). Ryōsai no nidai event-Hitch race to Kamogawa race-(The two main events of the dormitory festival-Hitch race and Kamogawa race-). Retrieved: [July 17, 2014].
|This article about a Japanese institute of higher education or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|