West side of Yoshikawaminami Station, March 2012
|Location||2-34 Minami, Yoshikawa-shi, Saitama-ken
|Operated by||JR East|
|Line(s)||■ Musashino Line|
|Platforms||1 island, 1 side platforms|
|Passengers (FY2014)||2,975 daily|
Yoshikawaminami Station (吉川美南駅? Yoshikawaminami-eki) is a railway station on the Musashino Line in Yoshikawa, Saitama, Japan, operated by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East). It opened on 17 March 2012.
Yoshikawaminami Station is located between Yoshikawa and Shim-Misato on the Musashino Line, approximately 1.7 km from Yoshikawa Station. It is located 49.8 kilometers from Fuchūhommachi Station and 78.6 kilometers from the official starting point of the line (for freight operations) at Tsurumi Station.
|1, 2||Musashino Line||for Shim-Matsudo, Nishi-Funabashi, Tokyo and Kaihimmakuhari|
|2, 3||Musashino Line||for Minami-Urawa and Fuchūhommachi|
Construction work started in November 2009. On 27 January 2010, the new name for the station was formally chosen from three proposed names selected from 131 original proposals: Yoshikawa Namazu-no-sato, Yoshikawa-Minami, and Musashi-Yoshikawa. The station opened on 17 March 2012.
The total cost of construction for the new station is estimated to be 7.168 billion yen, with JR East paying 2.808 billion yen, and Yoshikawa City paying 4.36 billion yen.
JR East forecasts that the station will be used by an average of 23,000 passengers daily within five years of its opening. In fiscal 2014, it was used by 2,975 passengers (boarding passengers only).
- Minami Chuo Park
- Yoshikawa High School
- 各駅情報（吉川美南駅） [Yoshikawa-Minami Station information] (in Japanese). East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- 新駅情報 [Details of New Station] (in Japanese). Yoshikawa City. Archived from the original on 6 October 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- 吉川美南駅 事業概要 [Yoshikawa-Minami Station Construction Details] (PDF) (in Japanese). Yoshikawa City. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- ＪＲ武蔵野線吉川−新三郷駅間で建設中の新駅の名称決定 [Name chosen for new station between Yoshikawa and Shin-Matsudo on the JR Musashino Line]. Sankei News (in Japanese). Japan: The Sankei Shimbun & Sankei Digital. 27 January 2010. Archived from the original on 15 October 2010. Retrieved 22 November 2011.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2014年度) [FY2014 Station passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yoshikawaminami Station.|
- Yoshikawaminami Station information (JR East) (Japanese)
- Yoshikawa City information on New Station (Japanese)