|Born||May 21, 1971|
Originally wanting to become a pop singer, Mera now primarily sings classical music from the West but also classical Japanese music. He appears frequently as a soloist with the Bach Collegium Japan, which under its conductor Masaaki Suzuki performs Baroque music. His 1998 recital disc "Nightingale" on Sweden's BIS Records was a major success in Japan.
- Nightingale – Japanese Art Songs
- Baroque Arias
- Baroque Arias, vol. 2
- The Best of Yoshikazu Mera
- Princess Mononoke: Music from the Motion Picture (1997)
- Songs for Counter-Tenor and Orchestra
- Mera sings Bach
- Biography with images at bach-cantatas.com
- Billboard – January 24, 1998 – Page 42 Vol. 110, n° 4 "Plus, countertenor Yoshikazu Mera is a sensation in Japan, where his recital disc of Japanese art songs has sold 50,000 copies in four months, according to label reports."
- 米良美一の實話 (Yoshikazu Mela's a true story)