Yoshino Aoki (青木 佳乃 Aoki Yoshino) (born 19 August 1971) is a Japanese video game music composer. She began her career with video game company Capcom, and later co-founded the music studio Unique Note with another ex-Capcom composer, Tetsuya Shibata.
Life and career
Yoshino Aoki was born in Kanagawa, Japan, and studied classical music as a child. She began playing piano at the age six, began learning the flute at age 13, and started using a synthesizer shortly thereafter. In high school, she sang classical music and played the keyboard in her own band. In college, she studied music education and classical singing.
After graduating from college, Aoki went to work for video game company Capcom, where she began her career by arranging Kinuyo Yamashita's score for the CD re-release of Capcom's Mega Man X3, along with three other members of Capcom's sound team. In 2007 she left Capcom to pursue a freelance career. She is currently in employment with sound studio Unique Note Co., Ltd., a studio founded by Tetsuya Shibata and herself. She acts as the company's vice president, as well as a composer, arranger, and lyricist. Aoki's most recent work is on Konami's Genso Suikoden Tierkreis and Half-Minute Hero.
Yoshino Aoki is also known for her vocal role in the song "Kaze yo, Tsutaete", often used as the theme song for the Mega Man character Roll.
- Breath of Fire III (1997) – with Akari Kaida
- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (console versions) (1998) – with Isao Abe
- Breath of Fire IV (2000)
- Mega Man Battle Network 2 (2001)
- Mega Man Battle Network 3 (2002)
- Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team DS (2005) – with Seiko Kobuchi
- Mega Man Battle Network 6 (2005)
- Shadow of Rome (2005) – with Kota Suzuki
- Mega Man Star Force (2006) – with Mitsuhiko Takano
- Mega Man Star Force 2 (2007) – with Marika Suzuki
- Luminous Arc 2 (2008) – with Akari Kaida, Shunsuke Tsuchiya, and Yoko Shimomura
- Shiki-Tei (2008)
- Daletto World (2008)
- Mega Man Star Force 3 (2008) – with Akari Kaida
- Suikoden Tierkreis (2008) – with Norikazu Miura, Masaharu Iwata, Kaori Komuro, Junpei Fujita, Hitoshi Fujima, Masato Nakayama, and Daisuke Kikuta
- Half-Minute Hero (2009) – one track
- Earth Seeker (2011) – with Tetsuya Shibata
- Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming (2011) – two tracks
- Merc Storia (2014) – with Tetsuya Shibata and Kenichi Tendo
- Uppers (2016) – with Unique Note
- Justice Monsters Five (2016) – with Unique Note
- Final Fantasy XV (2016) – with Yoko Shimomura, Tetsuya Shibata, and Yoshitaka Suzuki
- Mega Man X3 (1996) – with Toshihiko Horiyama, Shusaku Uchiyama, and Makoto Tomozawa
- Otomedius Excellent (2011) - with various others
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018) - with various others
- Mega Man Battle & Chase (1997) – vocalist
- Breath of Fire III (1997) – vocalist
- Breath of Fire IV (2000) – vocalist
- Napolitano, Jayson (June 25, 2009). "Meet Unique Note: Interview With Tetsuya Shibata and Yoshino Aoki". Original Sound Version. Retrieved 2009-11-16.
- McCarthy, Helen (2009). 500 Essential Anime Movies: The Ultimate Guide.
|This article about a Japanese musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a video game musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|