|Known for||A Silent Voice, To Your Eternity|
Ōima was born on March 15, 1989 in Ōgaki, Japan as third daughter of a sign language interpreter mother and has an older sister and an older brother. Due to her mother's work as a sign language interpreter Ōima was inspired to write the A Silent Voice manga series where she got help by her mother and her sister working on the series.
Her first manga was Mardock Scramble which was an adaptation of the same-named novel written by Tow Ubukata and was released in 2009. She was even responsible for an illustration of the ending sequence of the ninth episode of Attack on Titan. After her success with A Silent Voice Yoshitoki Ōima worked alongside other manga artists on a collaboration manga called Ore no 100-wame!!. In 2016 Yoshitoki Ōima released her third full manga series under the moniker To Your Eternity.
In 2015 Yoshitoki Ōima won the New Creator Prize for A Silent Voice at the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize. A Silent Voice was nominated for an Eisner Award a year later, the Rudolf-Dirks-Award and the Max & Moritz Prize in 2017 and 2018. In 2018 she won at French Japan Expo the Daruma d′Or Manga for A Silent Voice and the Daruma de la Meilleure Nouvelle Série for To Your Eternity.
- 2009: Mardock Scramble
- 2013: A Silent Voice
- 2015: Ore no 100-wame!! (alongside other manga artists)
- 2016: To Your Eternity
- Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize
- 2015: New Creator Prize for A Silent Voice (won)
- Manga Taishō
- 2015: Manga for A Silent Voice (nominated)
- 2018: Manga for To Your Eternity (nominated)
- Eisner Awards
- 2016: Best U.S. Edition of International Material—Asia for A Silent Voice (nominated)
- 2017: Best Scenario (Asia) for A Silent Voice (won)
- Max & Moritz Prize
- 2018: for A Silent Voice (nominated)
- Japan Expo
- "Im Interview mit Yoshitoki Ōima" (in German). Egmont Manga. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- Misaki C. Kido (2016-06-07). "Interview: Yoshitoki Oima on A Silent Voice". Kodansha. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- Scott Green (2013-06-13). "VIDEO: A Final Look Back at "Attack on Titan" End Cards". Crunchyroll. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- Chrystalyn Hodgkins (2015-03-30). "Aisawa Riku Manga Wins 19th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize's Top Award". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- Michael Cavna (2016-04-16). "2016 Eisner Awards: 'The Oscars of comics' announces record number of nominations for women". Washington Post. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- "Rudolph Dirks Award für grafische Literatur vergeben" (in German). Börsenblatt. 2017-12-13. Retrieved 2018-09-16.
- ""Max und Moritz" Award 2018" (in German). Comic-salon.de. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- "Daruma 2018 : les lauréats manga" (in French). Japan Expo. 2018-02-22. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- Egan Loo (2015-01-18). "8th Manga Taisho Awards Nominates 14 Titles". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- Rafael Antonio Pineda (2018-01-22). "11th Manga Taisho Awards Nominates 12 Titles". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- Yoshitoki Ōima in the Anime News Network encyclopaedia
- Yoshitoki Ōima at AniSearch (in German)
- Interview in Le Monde (in French)
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (February 2019)