||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014)
||Look up yottametre in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
The yottametre or yottameter in the US ( SI symbol: Ym) is a unit of length in the metric system equal to 1024 metres
To help compare different orders of magnitude, this page lists distances starting at 1 Ym (1024 m or 105.702 million light years).
Distances shorter than 1 Ym
- 1.2 Ym — 127 million light years — Distance to the closest observed gamma ray burst GRB 980425
- 1.3 Ym — 137 million light years — Distance to the Centaurus Cluster of galaxies, the nearest large supercluster
- 1.9 Ym — 201 million light years — Diameter of the Local Supercluster
- 2.8 Ym — 296 million light years — Distance to the Coma Cluster
- 3.2 Ym — 338 million light years — Distance to the Stephan's Quintet
- 4.7 Ym — 496 million light years — Length of the CfA2 Great Wall, one of the largest observed superstructures in the Universe
- 6.1 Ym — 645 million light years — Distance to the Shapley Supercluster
- 9.5 Ym — 996 million light years — Diameter of the Eridanus Supervoid
- 1 yottametre - 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 or 10^24 metres
Distances longer than 10 Ym
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2014)