You're All Surrounded
|You're All Surrounded|
|Written by||Lee Jung-sun|
|Directed by||Yoo In-shik|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||20|
Hwangbo Sang-mi |
|Production company(s)||HB Entertainment|
|Original network||Seoul Broadcasting System|
|Original release||May 7– July 17, 2014|
You're All Surrounded (Hangul: 너희들은 포위됐다; Hanja: 你們被包圍了; RR: Neohuideureun Powidwaetda) is a 2014 South Korean television series starring Lee Seung-gi, Cha Seung-won, Go Ara, Ahn Jae-hyun, Park Jung-min, Oh Yoon-ah, and Sung Ji-ru. It aired on SBS from May 7 to July 17, 2014 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:55 for 20 episodes.
After witnessing his mother's murder at a young age, Kim Ji-yong (Lee Seung-gi) became a detective in order to investigate his mother's death. He later changed his name to Eun Dae-gu to be unnoticed by his mother's killer. On his way, he reunites with Eo Soo-sun (Go Ara), who attended the same middle school and they gradually develop a romantic relationship. At the same time, he spies on his team leader, Seo Pan-seok (Cha Seung-won), believing that he is related to the killer of his mother's case. As he unravels the truth behind the incident 11 years ago, he learns about his past, identity as well as making deep connections with people around him.
- He is brusque, intelligent (with an IQ of 150), and has a photographic memory. His problem with authority stems from his painful past; as a young boy named Kim Ji-yong living in Masan, his mother was murdered in front of his eyes when she attempted to testify as a witness to a crime. To avoid getting killed himself, he changed his name to Eun Dae-gu and grew up in an orphanage. He eventually becomes a detective to bring his mother's killer to justice, while spying on his boss Seo Pan-seok, whom he believes conspired with his mother's killer.
- The short-tempered captain of the Violent Crimes Unit. A legend at the precinct, Pan-seok is known for closing the toughest cases and catching the most notorious criminals. But he has never forgotten a long-ago unsolved case involving the murder of a witness and the subsequent disappearance of her son, Kim Ji-yong, a case which is inextricably linked to his own family tragedy: the accidental death of his young son.
- Bold and persistent, Soo-sun applied seven times before being accepted into the police academy. She is the only female in the new class of officers. Soo-sun and Ji-yong went to the same middle school in Masan, but she initially doesn't recognize him in his present incarnation as Dae-gu.
- Ahn Jae-hyun as Park Tae-il
- Tae-il is secretive and laidback, but has a way with the ladies. He was in his first year of residency before deciding to leave medicine and become a detective, a decision his family disapproves of which led to his estrangement from them.
- Park Jung-min as Ji Gook
- A geeky and talkative guy whose sole reason for applying to the force was because he wanted to live in Gangnam. He unexpectedly becomes best friends with Tae-il, and develops a crush on Soo-sun.
- Oh Yoon-ah as Kim Sa-kyung
- Sa-kyung is a tenacious detective with strong convictions, whose personal goal is to pave the way for female cops to work in her precinct without being discriminated against. She is also Pan-seok's ex-wife, and the divorced couple are forced to work together when she is transferred to his police station as the new head detective of the Missing Persons Unit. She divorced him due to the grief and anger she felt over their son's death, but upon meeting again at the precinct, Sa-kyung and Pan-seok's love for each other resurfaces and they begin dating again.
- Sung Ji-ru as Lee Eung-do
- Pan-seok's older colleague who looks upon the new recruits affectionately.
- Seo Yi-sook as Kang Seok-soon
- The chief of police. She secretly sponsored and encouraged Dae-gu for eleven years up until police academy, but may have suspicious ties to Assemblyman Yoo, a crooked politician.
- Kim Hee-jung as Kim Hwa-young, Ji-yong's mother (ep 1, 4,17)
- Lee Yang-hee as Pan-seok's partner (ep 1, 10)
- Choi Jin-ho as Park Seung-ho (ep 1)
- Lee Han-na as Shim Hye-ji (ep 1)
- Yang Han-yeol as Park Min-soo (ep 1)
- Maeng Bong-hak as Teacher (ep 1)
- Seo Yoo-ri as Night club girl (ep 2)
- Park Hwi-soon as Man on blind date (ep 3)
- Kim Kang-hyun as Dokgo Soo, the stalker (ep 3–4)
- Choi Young-shin as Yoon-jung (ep 3–5)
- Lee Han-wi as Plastic surgery director Byung (ep 3)
- Jung Se-hyung as Kim Jae-min
- Choi Woo-shik as a perpetrator named Choi Woo-shik (ep 4)
- Kim Min-ha as Ji-hee, the student/hostage (ep 4)
- Jo Hwi-joon as Seo Joon-woo, Pan-seok's son (ep 5)
- Im Seung-dae as Prosecutor Han Myung-soo (ep 5–6,19–20)
- Choi Woong as Kim Shin-myung, hit and run suspect (ep 5–6)
- Ahn Se-ha as Lee Young-gu, Shin-myung's chauffeur (ep 5–6)
- Kim Ji-young as Lee Hyun-mi (ep 6)
- Lee Geum-joo as Orphanage director (ep 6, 8)
- Baek Seung-hyeon as Song Seok-won (ep 8–9)
- Joo-ho as Song Seok-gu (ep 8–9)
- --- as the missing car mechanic (ep 10–11)
- --- as the mechanic's fiancée (ep 10)
- Han Yoo-yi as young Kang Seok-soon (ep 16)
- Seo Yoon-ah as Seo Kyung-eun (ep 16)
- Jung Dong-gyu as Kwon Hyuk-joo
While filming an action scene on June 9, 2014, Lee Seung-gi was poked in his left eye by a prop knife, causing corneal damage and an intraocular hemorrhage. His injury required Lee to rest for a few days, which resulted in the preemption of the 10th episode; a special aired instead on June 11, 2014.
|You're All Surrounded OST Part 1|
|1.||"What's Wrong With Me? (나 왜이래)" (San E ft. Kang Min-hee of Miss $)||3:20|
|2.||"What's Wrong With Me? (나 왜이래) (Inst.)" (San E ft. Kang Min-hee of Miss $)||3:20|
|You're All Surrounded OST Part 2|
|1.||"Love, That One Word (사랑 그 한마디)" (Taeyeon)||3:55|
|2.||"Love, That One Word (사랑 그 한마디) (Inst.)" (Taeyeon)||3:55|
|You're All Surrounded OST Part 3|
|1.||"I'm in Love (사랑하나 봐)" (Lee Seung-chul)||3:28|
|2.||"I'm in Love (사랑하나 봐) (Inst.)" (Lee Seung-chul)||3:28|
|You're All Surrounded OST Part 4|
|1.||"I Only See You (그대만 보여요)" (Kwon Jin-ah)||4:21|
|2.||"I Only See You (그대만 보여요) (Inst.)" (Kwon Jin-ah)||4:21|
|You're All Surrounded OST Special|
|1.||"I'm in Love (사랑하나 봐) (Ballad Ver.)" (Lee Seung-chul)||3:19|
|2.||"I'm in Love (사랑하나 봐) (Ballad Ver.) (Inst.)" (Lee Seung-chul)||3:19|
|You're All Surrounded OST|
|1.||"I'm in Love (사랑하나 봐)" (Lee Seung-chul)||3:28|
|2.||"Love, That One Word (사랑 그 한마디)" (Taeyeon)||3:55|
|3.||"What's Wrong With Me? (나 왜이래)" (San E ft. Kang Min-hee of Miss $)||3:20|
|4.||"That Was You (그게 너였다)" (Ahn Jae-hyun)||4:37|
|5.||"I Only See You (그대만 보여요)" (Kwon Jin-ah)||4:21|
|6.||"One Love" (E.D.E.N)||3:33|
|7.||"You Are All Surrounded" (Ha Geun-young & Ryu Min-ji)||1:44|
|8.||"Teheran-ro, 114th Street, Number 11 (테헤란로 114길 11)" (Ha Geun-young & Ryu Min-ji)||2:07|
|9.||"Gangnam Police Station P4 (강남경찰서 P4)" (Ha Geun-young)||3:33|
|10.||"We Are Partners" (Ha Geun-young)||2:28|
|11.||"One Hand's Length of Growth (한 뼘의 성장)" (Ha Geun-young)||3:52|
|12.||"The End, And New Beginning" (Ha Geun-young)||2:55|
|13.||"Trauma" (Ha Geun-young)||3:02|
|14.||"A Person Coming (사람이 온다는 것은)" (Ha Geun-young)||5:16|
|15.||"Photographic Memory" (Ha Geun-young)||2:14|
|16.||"The Crime Occurred!" (Lee Yong-yoon)||2:03|
|17.||"Justice for All" (Lee Yong-yoon)||3:42|
|18.||"Top Secret" (Ha Geun-young)||2:00|
|Episode||Broadcast date||Title||Average audience share|
|TNmS Ratings||AGB Nielsen|
|Nationwide||Seoul National Capital Area||Nationwide||Seoul National Capital Area|
|1||May 7, 2014||Teheran-ru, 114th Street, Number 11. Gangnam, Seoul||11.0%||14.1%||12.3%||13.9%|
|2||May 8, 2014||The reason we are not detectives||13.2%||16.2%||14.2%||15.8%|
|3||May 14, 2014||There are no rookie detectives||11.5%||14.3%||12.1%||13.5%|
|4||May 15, 2014||It's okay... It's not okay||14.0%||17.3%||12.8%||14.0%|
|5||May 21, 2014||Sometimes you embrace and live!||12.0%||15.0%||12.4%||13.5%|
|6||May 22, 2014||The ocean inside my worn-out drawer||12.3%||14.9%||13.2%||14.0%|
|7||May 28, 2014||A person coming...||12.4%||15.6%||13.6%||15.1%|
|8||May 29, 2014||One hand's length of growth||12.5%||14.8%||12.8%||13.4%|
|9||June 5, 2014||Top secret||12.4%||15.4%||10.7%||11.7%|
|10||June 12, 2014||What happened that night||10.3%||11.8%||9.6%||9.9%|
|11||June 18, 2014||Catch that bastard!||10.5%||12.4%||10.2%||11.0%|
|12||June 19, 2014||The end and the beginning||11.6%||13.6%||11.0%||12.1%|
|13||June 25, 2014||I'll be on your side||12.2%||15.4%||11.1%||11.6%|
|14||June 26, 2014||Crocodile tears||13.1%||15.3%||11.9%||12.7%|
|15||July 2, 2014||Whether coincidence or fate||11.2%||13.4%||10.7%||11.5%|
|16||July 3, 2014||Things that can't be hidden||12.0%||14.4%||11.8%||13.2%|
|17||July 9, 2014||Uncomfortable truth||10.8%||13.7%||12.0%||13.6%|
|18||July 10, 2014||Without blood or tears||11.5%||13.9%||12.9%||14.2%|
|19||July 16, 2014||On top of a flying man, there is a desperate man||11.2%||13.4%||11.2%||11.9%|
|20||July 17, 2014||Freeze, You're All Surrounded||14.2%||17.0%||13.4%||14.0%|
|Special||June 11, 2014||Special||6.6%||6.9%||6.5%||7.2%|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Top Excellence Award, Actor||Lee Seung-gi||Nominated|
|Best OST by a Female Artist||Love, That One Word – Kim Tae-yeon||Nominated|
|Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Drama Special||Cha Seung-won||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Drama Special||Go Ara||Nominated|
|Special Award, Actor in a Drama Special||Sung Ji-ru||Nominated|
|Special Award, Actress in a Drama Special||Oh Yoon-ah||Nominated|
|Netizen Popularity Award||Cha Seung-won||Nominated|
|Best Couple Award||Lee Seung-gi and Go Ara||Nominated|
- Singapore – Mediacorp Channel U
- Philippines – Cine Mo!
- Ghana – Joy Prime TV
- Malaysia – One HD
- Indonesia – Rajawali Televisi
- Vietnam – HTV2 (December 15, 2015)
- Thailand – Channel 7 (April 28, 2017)
- Myanmar – Channel 7 (November 27, 2017) (Title : "လွတ်လမ်း")
- Jeon, Su-mi (April 1, 2014). "Cha Seung Won, Lee Seung Gi and Go Ara Begin Filming You Are All Surrounded". enewsWorld. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (April 30, 2014). "Lee Seung Gi is Paying More Attention to His Face Working with Models". enewsWorld. Retrieved May 2, 2014.
- Lee, Na-rae (April 30, 2014). "Cha Seung Won Says He Respects Lee Seung Gi Even Though He is Younger". enewsWorld. Retrieved May 2, 2014.
- Kim, Hee-eun (March 31, 2014). "Go Ara's second series set for late April". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- Lee, Kyung-nam (March 13, 2014). "Ahn Jae Hyeon Cast in You Are All Surrounded with Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won". enewsWorld. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- Cho, Grace (June 11, 2014). "Lee Seung-gi apologizes for cancellation of You're All Surrounded". The Korea Herald. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- "TNmS Daily Ratings: this links to current day-select the date from drop down menu". TNmS Ratings (in Korean). Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "AGB Daily Ratings: this links to current day-select the date from drop down menu". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved May 7, 2014.