You're a Big Girl Now
|"You're a Big Girl Now"|
|Song by Bob Dylan|
|from the album Blood on the Tracks|
|Recorded||December 27, 1974 at Sound 80 in Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Blood on the Tracks track listing|
"You're a Big Girl Now" is a song by Bob Dylan, released on his 15th studio album, Blood on the Tracks, in 1975. It is one of five songs on the album that Dylan initially recorded in New York City in September 1974 and then re-recorded in Minneapolis in December that year, the latter recording becoming the album track. One of the September 1974 outtakes was included on the 1985 compilation Biograph.
A live version of the song, recorded on May 23, 1976, appears on Hard Rain.
The sentence "Love is so simple, to quote a phrase" refers to one song of the group The Dells "Love Is So Simple".
- The Sports on their 1981 EP The Sports Play Dylan (and Donovan)
- Lloyd Cole on his 2001 studio album ETC
- Jimmy Lafave, by Lisa Miller on her 1996 album Quiet Girl with a Credit Card
- Zita Swoon on their 2006 album Camera Concert - A Band In A Box
- My Morning Jacket on the 2012 compilation album Chimes of Freedom: Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International.
- Partridge, Kenneth (January 16, 2015). "Bob Dylan's 'Blood on the Tracks' at 40: Classic Track-by-Track Album Review". Billboard. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Bob Dylan - Biograph". AllMusic. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
|This 1970s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|