You're the One (2000 film)
|You're the One (una historia de entonces)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||José Luis Garci|
|Written by||José Luis Garci
Julia Gutiérrez Caba
|Music by||Pablo Cervantes|
|Cinematography||Raúl Pérez Cubero|
|Edited by||Miguel G. Sinde|
Nickel Odeon Dos S.A.
You're the One (Spanish: Una historia de entonces) is a 2000 Spanish film directed by Jose Luis Garci. It was Spain's submission to the 73rd Academy Awards for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, but was not accepted as a nominee.
- Lydia Bosch (Julia),
- Julia Gutiérrez Caba (tía Gala),
- Juan Diego (don Matías),
- Ana Fernández (Pilara),
- Manuel Lozano (Juanito),
- Iñaki Miramón (Orfeo),
- Fernando Guillén (Padre de Julia),
- Marisa de Leza (Madre de Julia),
- Carlos Hipólito (Fidel),
- Jesús Puente (doctor Bermann).
Julia, an only child of an affluent, bank owning family living in Madrid, escapes from her family to get over her grief that her boyfriend has been imprisoned. Julia is a well-educated woman, having studied in Switzerland and England, who wants to become a writer. Julia drives to a little village in Asturias called "Corralbos del Sella" and there she stays in a mansion "llendelabarca" of an old childhood friend "Pilara" she had spent many a happy summer with. Also living there is Pilara's mother in law Tia Gala, and her grandson Juanito.
Julia's relationship with caretakers, teacher and priest makes Julia, a woman of the Spanish capital, perhaps for the first time to not feel so alone.
- "Record 46 Countries in Race for Oscar". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 2000-11-20. Archived from the original on 2008-04-05. Retrieved 2008-07-19.
- "AMPAS Announces the Nominees for the 73rd Academy Awards". indieWire. Archived from the original on February 12, 2005. Retrieved 2008-07-19.
|This article related to a Spanish film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|