You've Got Another Thing Comin'
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|"You've Got Another Thing Comin'"|
|Single by Judas Priest|
|from the album Screaming for Vengeance|
|Recorded||1982 at Beejay Studios, Coconut Grove, Florida|
K. K. Downing
|Judas Priest singles chronology|
"You've Got Another Thing Comin'" is a song by British heavy metal band Judas Priest. It was originally released on their 1982 album Screaming for Vengeance and released as a single later that year. In May 2006, VH1 ranked it fifth on their list of the 40 Greatest Metal Songs. It became one of Judas Priest's signature songs along with "Electric Eye" and "Breaking The Law", and a staple of the band's live performances. "You've Got Another Thing Comin" was first performed on the opening concert of the Vengeance World Tour at the Stabler Center in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, on 26 August 1982 and had been played a total of 673 times through the 2012 Epitaph Tour.
"You've Got Another Thing Comin'" has charted in two countries in United Kingdom and in United States. In the United Kingdom it peaked at No. 66 in the UK Singles Chart and in the US, it reached No. 4 on the Billboard rock chart.
Wayne Parry of the Associated Press called it, along with "Hell Bent for Leather" and "Living After Midnight", one of the "standards against which other metal tracks are measured." Greg Prato of Allmusic wrote that the song was what finally broke Judas Priest into the mainstream in the United States.
In other media
The song shows up on several video games, for example, it is featured on the jukebox of the first level of Prey; in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City's radio station V-Rock; as downloadable content for Rock Band series (alongside the rest of the album Screaming for Vengeance); and a cover version is featured in Guitar Hero. It is now featured in EA Sports' NHL 12. It is also in 2k sports' Major League Baseball 2K9.
The original song is also featured in the 2011 comedy film, Bad Teacher.
The song was featured in a 2013 episode of Californication.
- Pat Boone covered the song on his 1997 album In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy.
- Sum 41 covered a portion of the song in a medley with Tommy Lee and Rob Halford for MTV's 20th Anniversary in 2001.
- James Durbin covered the song during Top 24 of the tenth season of American Idol.
- Rob Halford – vocals
- Glenn Tipton – lead guitar
- K. K. Downing – rhythm guitar
- Ian Hill – bass
- Dave Holland – drums
- "Judas Priest: You've Got Another Thing Comin'". Allmusic. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "VH1 40 Greatest Metal Songs", 1–4 May 2006, VH1 Channel, reported by VH1.com; last accessed 10 September 2006.
- White, Emily (18 July 2014). "Judas Priest Debut At No. 1 On Top Rock Albums". Billboard. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 291. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Parry, Wayne (26 July 2002). "Five Questions With Rob Halford". Associated Pres. Retrieved 24 August 2014 – via Highbeam Research. (subscription required (. ))
- Bauder, David (14 February 1997). "PAT BOONE SINGS THE DEVIL OUT OF HEAVY METAL.(Entertainment/Weekend/Spotlight)(Review)". Rocky Mountain News. Billboard. Retrieved 24 August 2014 – via Highbeam Research. (subscription required (. ))