You're Gonna Get It!
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|You're Gonna Get It!|
|Studio album by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers|
|Released||May 2, 1978|
|Studio||Shelter Studio, Hollywood|
|Producer||Denny Cordell, Noah Shark, Tom Petty|
|Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers chronology|
|Singles from You're Gonna Get It!|
|Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|The Essential Rock Discography||7/10|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
You're Gonna Get It! is the second album by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, released in 1978. Originally, the album was to be titled Terminal Romance. Like its self-titled predecessor, this album includes tight melodic songs awash in ringing guitars and organ. It peaked at number 23 on the Billboard Top LPs & Tapes chart in 1978.
Many reviewers rated You're Gonna Get It! a notch lower than their moderately well-received debut album. Some reviews such as in Rolling Stone at the time noted the "impressive stylistic cohesiveness" between the two. It did chart higher, however, than its predecessor.
All tracks written by Tom Petty, except where noted.
|1.||"When the Time Comes"||2:47|
|2.||"You're Gonna Get It"||3:01|
|3.||"Hurt" (Petty, Mike Campbell)||3:16|
|5.||"Too Much Ain't Enough"||2:56|
|6.||"I Need to Know"||2:24|
|7.||"Listen to Her Heart"||3:04|
|8.||"No Second Thoughts"||2:41|
|10.||"Baby's a Rock 'n' Roller" (Petty, Campbell)||2:53|
- Tom Petty – electric guitar, acoustic guitar, twelve string guitar, rhythm guitar, piano, vocals
- Mike Campbell – electric guitar, acoustic guitar, twelve string guitar, lead guitar, accordion
- Benmont Tench – piano, hammond organ, keyboards, backing vocals
- Ron Blair – bass guitar, acoustic guitar, sound effects, backing vocals
- Stan Lynch – drums
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. You're Gonna Get It! at AllMusic. Retrieved 10 August 2006.
- "Tom Petty: You're Gonna Get It!". Blender. Archived from the original on June 15, 2008. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Kot, Greg (September 1, 1991). "Through The Years With Tom Petty". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Christgau, Robert (September 4, 1978). "Christgau's Consumer Guide". The Village Voice. New York. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- Larkin, Colin (ed.) (2011). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music (5th edn). London: Omnibus Press. p. 2005. ISBN 978-0-85712-595-8.
- Strong, Martin C. (2006). The Essential Rock Discography. Edinburgh, UK: Canongate. p. 816. ISBN 978-1-84195-827-9.
- Graff, Gary; Durchholz, Daniel (eds) (1999). MusicHound Rock: The Essential Album Guide. Farmington Hills, MI: Visible Ink Press. p. 870. ISBN 1-57859-061-2.
- Carson, Tom (September 7, 1978). "You're Gonna Get It!". Rolling Stone (273). Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- Brackett, Nathan; Hoard, Christian, eds. (2004). "Tom Petty > Album Guide". The Rolling Stone Album Guide. London: Fireside. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8. Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- You're Gonna Get It! – Tom Petty & the Heartbreaks > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums at AllMusic. Retrieved 27 January 2006.