You're Welcome America
|You're Welcome America. A Final Night With George W Bush|
Poster for You're Welcome America. A Final Night With George W Bush
|Written by||Will Ferrell|
|Characters||George W. Bush|
|Date premiered||February 5, 2009|
|Place premiered||Cort Theatre
New York City
You're Welcome America. A Final Night with George W Bush is a comedic Broadway play starring Will Ferrell as George W. Bush. It was broadcast live on the HBO cable channel, as well as in Canada, on March 14, 2009, at 9:00PM EST. Ferrell, who depicted Bush on Saturday Night Live, also wrote the play, which is directed by his long-time comedy partner Adam McKay. According to a review at The Improper.com, "Combined with lewd humor and an uncanny cast of characters to help him drive home his alter ego's West Texas mannerisms, Ferrell’s showpiece is a true delight."
- Will Ferrell as George W. Bush
- Patrick Ferrell as Jerry the Secret Service agent
- Pia Glenn as Condoleezza Rice
- Adam Mucci as Pilot
- Michael Delaney as Audience Heckler
- Louis Colaianni Vocal coach
Tony Award nomination
- The Improper.com
- Richard Ouzounian. "Will Ferrell's masterful and frightening portrayal of Bush." March 03, 2009, Toronto Star "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 24, 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2009. 2
- Patrick Healy. "You’re Welcome Broadway: Ferrell’s ‘Bush’ Breaks House Record", The New York Times, February 17, 2009
- "The Comedy of Ineptitude, Political Division".
- "Will Ferrell: You're Welcome, America. A Final Night with George W. Bush".
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: You're Welcome America|