This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||29 October 2009|
|Type||Bug tracking system, project management software|
|License||Proprietary, free for 10 users, free for open source projects|
YouTrack is a proprietary, commercial browser-based bug tracker, issue tracking system and project management software developed by JetBrains. It focuses on query-based issue search with auto-completion, manipulating issues in batches, customizing the set of issue attributes, and creating custom workflows.
Integration with external tools
Standard YouTrack integrations include import from Jira, Mailbox Integration, Zendesk Integration, and an integrated working environment with Upsource and TeamCity. Integrations with GitHub, BitBucket, and GitLab are provided out of the box, while connections to other version control systems are supported via the TeamCity or Upsource integration. TeamCity supports connections to repositories in ClearCase, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Perforce, SourceGear Vault, StarTeam, Subversion, Team Foundation Server, and Visual SourceSafe. Upsource supports connections to repositories in Git, Mercurial, Perforce, and Subversion.
YouTrack can be integrated with Slack workplace.
YouTrack provides localization support for English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Additional languages that are supported by the YouTrack user community are also available.
System requirements and distribution types
It is available as either InCloud or Standalone. Four types of distribution Standalone are offered: a runnable Java archive (.jar) which bundles Jetty and is ready to be started without any additional installation; a Windows Installer MSI which installs and configures JRE and Tomcat with the deployed YouTrack web archive; a plain .zip file archive; and also a Docker container. Until version 6.0, JetBrains also distributed YouTrack as a web archive (.war) which could be deployed to almost any servlet container (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.).
YouTrack REST API
- Importing existing projects and issues from other issue tracking systems.
- Creating, modifying, getting all the issues attributes.
- Manipulating projects, users, groups and roles. This is done with Hub via the Hub REST API, a user and a permission management system by JetBrains. YouTrack 6.0 and later comes with Hub built-in.
JetBrains offers YouTrack in InCloud and Standalone versions.
The hosted service (SaaS) is called YouTrack InCloud. For InCloud, three users are free of charge forever, with further annual or monthly payments per each additional user discounted with larger numbers of users subscribed.
For the Standalone version, a 10-user pack is available free of charge, with five more paid packs available for larger numbers of users. Each pack includes a year of free updates and technical support.
JetBrains also provides YouTrack at no charge for open source projects and for educational and teaching uses in classrooms, along with a 50% discount available for startups.
- Pishkova, Elena (11 December 2019). "What's New in YouTrack 2019.3". YouTrack Blog.
- "JetBrains Releases YouTrack 1.0 Beta". eWeek. Retrieved October 30, 2009.
- "JetBrains upgrades YouTrack bug tracker". InfoWorld. Retrieved May 26, 2010.
- "JetBrains YouTrack 3.0 Clears Bug Tracker Launchpad". Dr.Dobb's. Retrieved June 17, 2011.
- "Language Oriented Programming:The Next Programming Paradigm" (PDF).
- "JetBrains Releases Bug and Issue Tracking Beta". Dr.Dobb's.
- "YouTrack REST API Reference for Standalone".
- "YouTrack REST API Reference for InCloud".