You (Kumi Koda song)
|Single by Koda Kumi|
|from the album Best: Second Session|
|Released||December 7, 2005 (JP)|
RZCD-45301 (Japan, CD)
|Writer(s)||Koda Kumi, Yoko Kuzuya, Toru Watanabe|
|Koda Kumi singles chronology|
Each single in the collection had unique cover art based on certain cultures in various countries. The back cover of each single was a piece to a puzzle, which could only be completed by purchasing all twelve singles. The same was done for the obi strips, which contained a full image when arranged together in order.
Upon the single's release, it received favorable reviews from fans both in Japan and Overseas in North America. Many praised Kumi's vocals and the idea of releasing one single a week, each with differing cover art.
In North America, Vanessa went on to say how "Koda Kumi is an amazing artist with strong vocals, and [the] single doesn't hesitate to show that off." Chak commented how, though they did not enjoy ballads, they were "impressed" by the single and the music video "made it better."
In Japan, Rushin said "if you listen to the song, you will cry," and that "if you like ballads, you will not hate this." Tomopio, however, said that with the song being one of her bests ballads, they felt how its release would be "overshadowed by 12 weeks of continuous releases."
you opens with three men talking about the heartbreak they had experienced in their lives and the women they were with. Each man had a passion that they followed and found a lover who shared in their interests.
For the collection, each single was given its own, unique cover art, each which represented a dress from a different culture.
Along with differing cover art, each obi strip contained a piece of an image, that, which put together in order, would reveal a full picture of Kumi. The same was done for the back covers of each single.
|1.||"you"||Koda Kumi • Yoko Kuzuya||Toru Watanabe||Yoko Kuzuya||4:48|
|2.||"Sweet Kiss"||Koda Kumi • Hirotake Onishi||ats-||Toru Watanabe||4:02|
|3.||"you" (Instrumental)||Toru Watanabe||Yoko Kuzuya||4:41|
|4.||"Sweet Kiss" (Instrumental)||ats-||Toru Watanabe||4:02|
Oricon Sales Chart (Japan)
|Release||Chart||Peak Position||First Week Sales||Sales Total||Chart Run|
|December 7, 2005||Oricon Daily Singles Chart||1|
|Oricon Weekly Charts||1||76,111||190,060||12 weeks|
|Oricon Monthly Charts||7|
|Oricon Yearly Charts||50|
- you: Found on the single (2005) and its corresponding album BEST ~second session~ (2006)
- you [Instrumental]: Found on the single (2005)
- you ~Acoustic Piano Mix~: Found on Koda Kumi Remix Album (2006)
- you ~Piano Version~: Found on BEST ~BOUNCE & LOVERS~ (2006)
- you [Floor on the Intelligence Remix]: Found on Koda Kumi Driving Hit's 2 (2010)
- you [KOZM® Remix]: Found on Koda Kumi Driving Hit's 4 (2012)
- "you KODA KUMI". Rhythm Zone. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "KODA KUMI "you"". Oricon. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "Koda Kumi 12 Singles Obi Strips". J-Pop CD Covers. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- レコード協会調べ 3月度有料音楽配信認定＜略称：3月度認定＞ [Record Association report: March digital music download certifications (Abbreviation: March Certifications)]. RIAJ (in Japanese). April 20, 2011. Retrieved April 20, 2011.
- "Customer Reviews - you (Japan Version)". YesAsia. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "KODA KUMI - you - Reviews". Amazon Japan. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "you". Rhythm Zone. Retrieved January 10, 2016.