You Be Illin'
|"You Be Illin' "|
|Single by Run–D.M.C.|
|from the album Raising Hell|
|B-side||"Hit It Run"|
|Released||October 20, 1986|
|Songwriter(s)||Joseph Simmons, Darryl McDaniels, Jason Mizell, Raymond White|
|Producer(s)||Russell Simmons, Rick Rubin, Jason Mizell, Joseph Simmons|
|Run–D.M.C. singles chronology|
"You Be Illin' " is the third single released by Run–D.M.C. from their third album, Raising Hell. It was released in 1986 through Profile Records as the follow-up to the rap rock crossover hit, "Walk This Way", and was produced by Run-D.M.C. The song peaked at number 29 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 12 on the Hot Black Singles chart.
The slang term illing means to "be uncool and unrelaxed", "be acting crazy", "be 'tripping' or 'bugging' ", or "be acting 'wack' ". The song describes some examples of "illing" and chides a fictitious individual for his "illing" behavior. Such examples include a man ordering a Big Mac and french fries at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant, calling out "Touchdown!" at a basketball game, repelling a woman at a party with drunken behavior and bad breath, and being oblivious to the fact he is eating dog food for dinner.
- "You Be Illin' " – 3:26
- "Hit It Run" – 3:10
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||29|
|Netherlands (Mega Single Tip)||13|
|US Billboard Hot 100||29|
|US Hot Black Singles (Billboard)||12|
|US Hot Dance Club Play (Billboard)||44|
- "Ultratop.be – Run DMC – You Be Illin'" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved April 20, 2014.
- Single Tip (in Dutch). dutchcharts.nl. Retrieved April 20, 2014.
- The Billboard Hot 100 – Chart Listing For The Week Of Dec 20 1986 – You Be Illin, Billboard.com
- Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs – Chart Listing For The Week Of Dec 06 1986 – You Be Illin, Billboard.com
- Hot Dance Club Play – Chart Listing For The Week Of Dec 27 1986 – You Be Illin, Billboard.com
|This hip hop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|