You Could Have Been with Me
|You Could Have Been with Me|
|Studio album by Sheena Easton|
|Released||21 September 1981|
|Sheena Easton chronology|
|Singles from You Could Have Been with Me|
Released in late 1981, the album peaked at #47 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums, spending a whole year on the chart, eventually certified Gold by the RIAA, and also peaked at UK #33 (Certified Silver). The biggest hit from the album was "You Could Have Been with Me" (US #15, UK #54). In the UK, the lead single, "Just Another Broken Heart" peaked at #33, while a third single "A Little Tenderness" failed to chart in early 1982. In the US, a track from her first album was included; "When He Shines", which was released as a single and peaked at #30.
You Could Have Been With Me became a Top Ten album in Japan, the use of the track "A Little Tenderness" in a television advertising campaign for Noevir Cosmetics boosting the album to a #3 peak, and also Sweden (#2) and Norway (#7).
A CD reissue in 2000 added the track "For Your Eyes Only" (US #4, UK #8), one of Easton's most successful chart singles.
On Feb 23, 2013, Edsel Records (UK) reissued Easton's "You Could Have Been with Me" & "Madness, Money and Music" in 2 compact discs packages remastered with bonus tracks.
On November 24, 2014 the album was included in a Original Album Series box set in the UK with all of her first 5 albums with EMI through Warner Music Group, who now owns the rights to all of EMI's back catalogs.
- "A Little Tenderness" (Peter Vale) 3.49
- "You Could Have Been with Me" (Lea Maalfrid) 3.48
- "Just Another Broken Heart" (Peter Vale) 3.30
- "I'm Not Worth the Hurt" (Deborah Allen, Eddie Struzick, Rafe Van Hoy) 3.05
- "(He's Got) Savoir Faire" (Phil Palmer, Peter Vale) 3.08
- "A Letter from Joey" (Dominic Bugatti) 3.44
- "Telephone Lines" (Chris Christian, Stephen Kipner) 3.23
- "Johnny" (Donovan McKitty) 3.33
- "Trouble in the Shadows" (Lea Maalfrid) 3.14
- "Isn't it So" (K. Floyd) 2.51
US Track listing
- "A Little Tenderness"
- "You Could Have Been with Me"
- "Just Another Broken Heart"
- "I'm Not Worth the Hurt"
- "(He's Got) Savoir Faire"
- "A Letter from Joey"
- "Telephone Lines"
- "Trouble in The Shadows"
- "When He Shines" (Dominic Bugatti, Freddie Palmer) 3.56
CD Bonus tracks:
- "Isn't It So"
- "For Your Eyes Only" (Bill Conti, Michael Leeson) 3.00
- "No-one Ever Knows" (Peter Vale) 3.51
- Sheena Easton - vocals
- Phil Palmer - guitar
- Andy Brown - bass
- Ian Lynn - keyboards, synthesizers
- Peter Van Hooke - drums
- Frank Ricotti - percussion
- Alan Carvell, Christopher Neil, Tony Rivers - background vocals