You Don't Know Her Like I Do
|"You Don't Know Her Like I Do"|
|Single by Brantley Gilbert|
|from the album Halfway to Heaven|
|Released||December 12, 2011|
|Length||4:47 (album version)|
|Brantley Gilbert singles chronology|
"You Don't Know Her Like I Do" is a song recorded by American country rock singer Brantley Gilbert. It was released in December 2011 as the second single from the deluxe edition of his 2010 album Halfway to Heaven. The song was written by Gilbert and Jim McCormick and was the second most-played country song on radio in 2012.
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song three and a half stars out of five, saying that it "allows the singer to show a dark vulnerability that is sure to make him a more appealing artist to country music fans who may be turned off by his brand of country rock." Bobby Peacock of Roughstock gave the song four stars out of five, calling it an "excellent single choice" and writing that "Brantley's gravelly voice is passionate, vulnerable and maybe just a little angered."
The music video was directed by Justin Key and premiered in December 2011. It is composed entirely of tour footage, showing Gilbert performing the song at a concert. Scenes also show him in a radio interview, signing autographs, and sitting in a chair against a blue blacklit screen acting down and depressed, like he relates to the lyrics of the song.
"You Don't Know Her Like I Do" debuted at number 52 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of December 17, 2011. It became his second consecutive number one single in July 2012. The song has sold 999,000 copies in the U.S. as of April 2014.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||73|
|US Billboard Hot 100||49|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Conaway, Alanna (January 24, 2012). "Brantley Gilbert, 'You Don't Know Her Like I Do' – Lyrics Uncovered". Taste of Country. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- Dukes, Billy (November 28, 2011). "Brantley Gilbert, 'You Don't Know Her Like I Do' – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- Peacock, Bobby (February 7, 2012). "Single Review: Brantley Gilbert - You Don't Know Her Like I Do". Roughstock. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- Stromblad, Cory (December 20, 2011). "Brantley Gilbert, 'You Don't Know Her Like I Do' -- New Video". The Boot. Retrieved March 9, 2012.
- Morris, Edward (December 10, 2011). "Sweet Harmony: Lady Antebellum Claim Both Top Album and Song". Country Music Television. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- Paul Grein (April 30, 2014). "Chart Watch: Pharrell Steps Up". Yahoo Music.
- "Brantley Gilbert Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Brantley Gilbert Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Brantley Gilbert Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2012: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Brantley Gilbert – You Don%27t Know Her Like I Do". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved March 12, 2014. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.