You Keep Coming Back Like a Song
|"You Keep Coming Back Like a Song"|
|Song by Bing Crosby from the album Blue Skies (film)|
|Genre||Easy listening, pop|
"You Keep Coming Back Like a Song" is a popular song written by Irving Berlin for the 1946 film Blue Skies, where it was introduced by Bing Crosby. The song was nominated for "Best Song" in 1946 but lost out to "On the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe". Dinah Shore's version was biggest in the US reaching the No. 5 spot, while Crosby's version peaked at No. 12. Jo Stafford also had chart success with it and her version achieved the No.11 position.
Other notable recordings
- Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Irving Berlin Songbook (1958)
- Georgia Gibbs - originally recorded in 1946 and later included in her album "Her Nibs!! Miss Georgia Gibbs"
- Maude Maggart included the song in her 2005 album "Maude Maggart Sings Irving Berlin".
- "Internet Movie Database". imdb.com. Retrieved March 11, 2016.
- Whitburn, Joel (1986). Pop Memories 1890-1954. Wisconsin, USA: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-083-0.
- "Rocky-52.net". Rocky-52.net. Retrieved September 21, 2016.
- "Discogs.com". Discogs.com. Retrieved September 21, 2016.
- "Allmusic". Allmusic.com. Retrieved September 21, 2016.