You Make My Dreams
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"You Make My Dreams"|
Dutch vinyl single
|Single by Hall & Oates|
|from the album Voices|
|B-side||"Gotta Lotta Nerve (Perfect Perfect)"|
|Released||May 2, 1981|
|Hall & Oates singles chronology|
"You Make My Dreams", sometimes incorrectly referred to as "You Make My Dreams Come True", is a song by the American duo Hall & Oates, taken from their ninth studio album, Voices (1980). The song reached number 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1981.
The song was featured in the films The Wedding Singer (1998), Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003), Step Brothers (2008) (500) Days of Summer (2009), Eddie the Eagle (2016), and Ready Player One (2018). In 2012, it appeared in an eHarmony commercial. It appears in a 2017 commercial for Applebee's. The song also appears in Young Sheldon. The song appears in a 2018 commercial for Dick's Sporting Goods, promoting a Father's Day sale. In addition, the song is currently being used by the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League (NHL) during their home games in the 2018-19 season after every Leaf goal scored at the newly renamed Scotiabank Arena.
- Daryl Hall – lead vocals and backing vocals, synthesizer
- John Oates – electric guitar and backing vocals
- John Siegler – bass and backing vocals
- Jerry Marotta – drums
- Since late 2017, this song is used as a commercial jingle for The Warehouse, a subsidiary of New Zealand's largest retailing group of the same name with the slogan "Where Everyone Gets a Bargain Everyday" (formerly "Where Everyone Gets a Bargain" containing the tune at the end of the song). Later in 2018, it is also used for Dunkin' Donuts in the Philippines with endorser Piolo Pascual.
- Allmusic Hall & Oates chart history
- "Applebee's Tapped Steak & Twisted Potatoes TV Commercial, 'Dreams Come True'". ispot.tv. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- "'Dick's Sporting Goods TV Commercial, 'Father's Day Best Price Guarantee'". ispot.tv. Retrieved June 7, 2018..
- "'Leafs Offence Putting on a Show'". thestar.com. Retrieved September 30, 2018..
- Donahue, Ann (November 3, 2010). "Hall & Oates Embrace Their Hipster Faithful". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- "Daryl Hall John Oates Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- "Daryl Hall John Oates Chart History (Mainstream Rock)". Billboard. Retrieved March 30, 2017.
- "CASH BOX Top 100 Singles – Week ending July 18, 1981". Archived from the original on 17 September 2012. Retrieved 2018-03-06.Cash Box magazine.
- "Hall + Oates". wweb.uta.edu.
- "You make my dreams come true". wweb.uta.edu.
- "Top 100 Hits of 1981/Top 100 Songs of 1981". Musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- "Year-End Charts: Top 100 Pop Singles,". Cash Box. December 26, 1981. Archived from the original on September 18, 2012. Retrieved March 6, 2018.