You Make My Dreams
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"You Make My Dreams"|
|Single by Hall & Oates|
|from the album Voices|
|B-side||"Gotta Lotta Nerve (Perfect Perfect)"|
|Released||May 2, 1981|
|Hall & Oates singles chronology|
"You Make My Dreams", sometimes referred to as "You Make My Dreams Come True", is a song by the American duo Hall & Oates, taken from their ninth studio album, Voices (1980). The song reached number five on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1981.
The song was featured in the films The Wedding Singer (1998), Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003), Step Brothers (2008) (500) Days of Summer (2009) and Eddie the Eagle (2016). In 2012, it appeared in an eHarmony commercial. It appears in a 2017 commercial for Applebee's.
- Daryl Hall – lead vocals, backing vocals, keyboards
- John Oates – backing vocals, 6 and 12-string guitars
- G.E. Smith – guitars
- John Siegler – bass guitar
- Jerry Marotta – drums
- Mike Klvana – equipment technician
- Allmusic Hall & Oates chart history
- "Applebee's Tapped Steak & Twisted Potatoes TV Commercial, 'Dreams Come True'". ispot.tv. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- Donahue, Ann (November 3, 2010). "Hall & Oates Embrace Their Hipster Faithful". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- "Daryl Hall & John Oates Chart History (Hot 100)" Billboard. Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- "Daryl Hall & John Oates – Chart history". Billboard Mainstream Rock for Daryl Hall & John Oates. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- "Hall + Oates". wweb.uta.edu.
- "You make my dreams come true". wweb.uta.edu.
- "Top 100 Hits of 1981/Top 100 Songs of 1981". Musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2016-10-25.