You Remind Me of Something
|"You Remind Me of Something"|
Standard artwork (U.S. CD single pictured)
|Single by R. Kelly|
|from the album R. Kelly|
|Released||October 30, 1995|
|R. Kelly singles chronology|
"You Remind Me of Something" is a song by American R&B singer R. Kelly. As the lead single from his self-titled album, the hit song was the fourth song from Kelly to reach number-one on the US R&B chart where it stayed for a week, and peaked at number four on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The song's spoken opening line, "You remind me of something...I just can't think of what it is" would be sampled in 2002 for the original version of Kelly's hit "Ignition". Prior to that, the line is referenced in "We Ride" on 1998's R.
The music video is directed by David Nelson.
"You Remind Me of Something" has been sampled or interpolated in several other songs, such as in "The Body" by Wale and Jeremih, "No Scratches" by Lupe Fiasco, "Weed" by Chris Echols and in "Como Duele" by John Logo, Tommy Omeany and LilFlexs.
Charts and certifications
|Australian Singles Chart||96|
|Dutch Singles Chart||41|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||9|
|UK Singles Chart||21|
|US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks||1|
|US Billboard Rhythmic Top 40||9|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||4|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 317.
- "R. Kelly: The R. in R&B - The Video Collection (Video 2003)".
- "Samples of You Remind Me of Something by R. Kelly on WhoSampled". WhoSampled.
- "The ARIA Australian Top 100 Singles Chart – Week Ending 03 Mar 1996". Imgur.com (original document published by ARIA). Retrieved 2017-07-31. N.B. The HP column displays the highest peak reached.
- "R. Kelly - Chart history - Billboard". www.billboard.com.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1996". Retrieved 2010-08-27.