You and I (We Can Conquer the World)
|"You and I (We Can Conquer the World)"|
|Song by Stevie Wonder|
|from the album Talking Book|
|Producer(s)||Stevie Wonder, Robert Margouleff and Malcolm Cecil|
- Stevie Wonder – lead vocal, piano, T.O.N.T.O. synthesizer, Moog bass
- Barbra Streisand included a rendition of the song in her 1975 album Lazy Afternoon. This is the first time the song is listed and released as "You and I".
- In a sixth season episode of the CBS sitcom Good Times, Michael Evans (Ralph Carter) performs the song at the wedding of his sister Thelma (Bern Nadette Stanis) to Keith Anderson (Ben Powers).
- Santita Jackson performed the song at the 1992 wedding of Barack and Michelle Obama
- O'Bryan recorded the song as the title cut from his 1983 album of the same name.
- Joe Cocker recorded a cover for his 1996 album Organic.
- Vesta Williams included a cover in her 1998 album Relationships.
- Mariah Carey sang the song on BET's Walk of Fame honoring Stevie Wonder on October 29, 2002.
- Michael Bublé recorded a version for his 2005 album It's Time.
- Trijntje Oosterhuis recorded a cover for her 2011 album Sundays in New York.
- Macy Gray included the song on her 2012 Stevie Wonder tribute album Talking Book. It is listed as "You and I (We Can Conquer the World)".
- Jacob Collier covered the tune on his 2016 debut album In My Room. This cover won him the 2017 Grammy Award for Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella.
George Michael version
|"You and I"|
|Single by George Michael|
|George Michael singles chronology|
In April 2011, George Michael released a version of the song titled just "You and I" solely on MP3 as a gift to Prince William and Catherine Middleton on the occasion of their wedding on April 29, 2011.
Although the MP3 was downloadable for free, Michael asked that downloaders make a contribution to the "Prince William & Miss Catherine Middleton Charitable Gift Fund".
- Norman Paul (story), Sid Dorfman & Wayne Kline (teleplay); Gerren Keith (director) (September 23, 1978). "Florida's Homecoming: The Wedding". Good Times. Season 6. Episode 3. CBS.
- Felsenthal, Carol (April 7, 2015). "Here Are the Best Stories from the New Michelle Obama Biography". Chicago Magazine. Retrieved March 7, 2021.
- Download page on George Michael official website Archived April 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- George Michael's world premiere royal wedding song unveiled on "Piers Morgan Tonight"
- George Michael website: George Premieres His Royal Song on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight
- List of cover versions of "You and I (We Can Conquer the World)" at SecondHandSongs.com