Youmanity is a registered charity founded in London in June 2008, designed to celebrate multiculturalism, support social integration and promote human rights. It does this by delivering a number of cultural projects every year, including an annual photography award. Previous awards explored themes such as human trafficking, social identity, freedom of expression, gender discrimination. To date, Youmanity has received the patronage of the Imperial War Museum, Amnesty International, the British Council, the European Commission, the International Organisation for Migration.
The Youmanity Award is an annual photography competition centered around the concept of Cultural Diversity. It features a changing theme, a gold medal and £1,000 prize. In 2019 the theme was Friend-Ship and Debdatta Chakraborty was the winner for his shot on Sheroes Hangout café. and in 2020 it was ‘Friend-Ship (2) During Challenging Times’ and the prize money was reduced to £500. Due to the coronavirus, in 2020 the competition was conducted on Zoom and screenshots rather than photos were used.
The competition was first held in 2010.
- List of European art awards
- Social equality
- Social integration
- Cultural diversity
- Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions
- Ethnic groups of the United Kingdom
- Social exclusion
- Inclusion (value and practice)
- Minority group
- The Charity Commission
- Official launch of Youmanity
- The Royal Photographic Society
- King's College, London
- IOM Geneva
- Amnesty International
- Imperial War Museum
- The Guardian
- Time Out
- "RPS announces Youmanity's Award winners". 25 June 2017.
- "News Report on Youmanity's Human Trafficking Awareness Project". 6 August 2013.
- "Home, my Place in the World, an exhibition about Social Identity". Time Out. 17 April 2013.
- "Freedom to Love, Youmanity award winners". D-Photo. 17 November 2014.
- "The Everyday Heroine". the Royal Photographic Society. 16 March 2017.
- Annual Research Report (Report). Imperial War Museum. 2014.
- "Migration, Stories of a Journey, an exhibition in partnership with Amnesty International". 20 December 2011. Archived from the original on 24 December 2012.
- "Migration, Stories of a Journey as featured by IOM". 3 January 2012.
- "£1,000 cash prize in Youmanity's Annual Photography competition 2019 • مرجع | MARJ3". مرجع | MARJ3. Retrieved 2020-12-02.
- "Friend-Ship Photography Award 2019 - Youmanity". Pixcontests – Photo Contests of the World. Retrieved 2020-12-02.
- release, PAPYRUS-Press; Care, Self (2019-11-08). "2019 Youmanity Photography Award". Papyrus UK | Suicide Prevention Charity. Retrieved 2020-12-02.
- "Awards | Youmanity". Youmanity.today. Retrieved 2020-12-02.
- "2010 Photography Award - The Spirit of Place and Cultural Diversity". Youmanity.today. Retrieved 2020-12-02.