Young's Bus Service
|Service area||Capricorn Coast|
Zones: 1–15, 81–85, 91–95
|Hubs||Emu Park Bus Interchange|
Mount Morgan Town Centre
|Fleet||42 (July 2021)|
Young's Bus Service is an Australian bus operator in Rockhampton, Queensland operating services under the QConnect scheme in Regional Queensland. It is the largest operator in the Rockhampton region.
The fleet began in 1949 with just one vehicle when founder Stan Young registered a single charter bus.
In July 2021, the Young family announced the company had been sold to ComfortDelGro Australia, ending a period of more than 70 years of Young's Bus Service being an independent local family business. ComfortDelGro said the acquisition of the Young's Bus Service fleet would enable it to expand its operations in Queensland where it already has a fleet of 155 buses and was a further step in their expansion into the regional Australia market. Prior to commencing the transition, ComfortDelGro made assurances that employees with Young's Bus Service would retain their jobs.
easy-travel Fare Card
Young’s Bus Service issues the easy-travel Fare Card for use as payment on its services.
- "ComfortDelGro Australia Further Strengthens Bus Footprint in Australia". ComfortDelgro Australia. 22 July 2021. Retrieved 19 August 2021.
- Timetables Young's Bus Service
- Loram, Lucy (23 July 2021). "Rockhampton's Young's Bus Service pulls away from the kerb for the last time". ABC News (Australia). Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 23 July 2021.
- Nufer, Darryn (22 July 2021). "Iconic Rockhampton bus service sold after 72 years". The Morning Bulletin. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 23 July 2021.
- "easy-travel Fare Card". Young's Bus Service. Retrieved 20 August 2021.