Young, Gay and Proud
|Author||Sasha Alyson, Lynne Yamaguchi Fletcher|
Young, Gay and Proud was a book written for adolescents who are exploring a gay identity.. An earlier publication with the same title was published in 1977 by the Gay Teachers and Students Group (GTSG) in Melbourne, Victoria.
In 1987, the Conservative government in the UK (under the rule of Margaret Thatcher) issued warning posters claiming that the Labour Party was issuing this book to be read in schools, as well as Police: Out of School, The Playbook for Kids About Sex (authored by Joani Blank), and The Milkman's on his Way (authored by David Rees).
- LAGNA Reference Library.
- "Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Center". University of Pennsylvania. Archived from the original on 3 February 2004. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Books Banned or Challenged in Michigan". 2001. Archived from the original on 6 September 2001. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Kester, Norman. Liberating Minds: The Stories and Professional Lives of Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Librarians and Their Advocates. McFarland, 1997. ISBN 0-7864-0363-2. p.152.
- Sanders, Sue; Spraggs, Gill (1989). "SECTION 28 AND EDUCATION" (PDF). Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Booth, Janine (December 1997). "The story of Section 28". Workers' Liberty. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Knight, Jill. Quoted in Hansard, , 6 December 1999, Column 1102.
|This article about a non-fiction book on lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender topics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|